How would I make a replacement part for this?

I did a pencil rubbing of it, but I don’t have it to post right now. It shows exact dimensions.

1 Like

Great!

Do this: take a caliper or a fine solid ruler, and measure the distance between the center of those 2 screw holes (as a reference). Then scan or take a pic (from exactly 90 degrees above) of that rubbing. If you copy that pic to me, I’ll make a file .dxf for the plasma cutter or .stl for the 3D printers, or both if you wish.

Just a hunch; I’m thinking that a 3D print version might be good for positioning, but disintegrate once the little tractors start moving fabric over all those cutout slots by the needle.

1 Like

I’ve got a 1950’s Adlermatic. If you can post dimensions I can see if the plate on mine matches up to possibly use as a comparison.

After checking around on the numbers, he thinks that this is the correct part, but that the best bet is to try it out. If you are interested in it, he can drop it in the mail to me and we can meet up to give it a shot.

8 Likes

That looks like the part! I should be around next week. How much does he want for it?

1 Like

Raymond, sorry to keep you wondering :grin: I sent Holliday a private message, though it still didn’t include the price, but it will not be much, probably just enough to basically cover shipping cost from Amarillo to Dallas.

P.S. My brother says send him a harder challenge next time…lol

2 Likes

Too funny!