How to wake up the "bricks"?

This is embarrassing … but can someone please tell me how to “wake up” the computer bricks that run the laser workstations? Here’s my trouble scenario:

• I go to Fusion’s computer
  • I jiggle the mouse. The screen flashes once saying it’s locked.
  • Then the screen instantly goes black.
  • No further amount of mouse jiggling or pressing enter or keyboard strokes will induce any response from the computer.

So far, the only thing I’ve been able to do is “cold boot” the brick. This happens every time I try to use the Fusion computer. It might be the same on the others but I don’t use those.

What am I doing wrong? :exploding_head:

I haven’t specifically noticed this…but I usually press keys on the keyboard instead.

I do have a hunch on why this might be the case though… we are using adapters (for some reason) to go from the computer to the monitor and its possible that one of them is either bad, loose, or has a bad driver or something - I was planning on stripping a bunch of that stuff down this next week though, so I’ll check further then.

1 Like

Is there another computer that will communicate with fusion? Today I can’t make it work at all. I need to mark it as out of service.

The lights on the brick flicker, but there is nothing on the monitor, except for the power light. There is no evidence of any cable being loose.