Hot Process Safety

No it’s been postponed

1 Like

When is the next hot process safety class? My son and I want to learn to weld. Will it happen after the metal shop committee meeting on Aug 7?

I could run one Wednesday evening or next Friday evening. That will get that requirement out of the way so you could take other things after the Metal Shop meeting.

We have taught Mig after the metal shop meeting and cleanup but I’m generally not inclined to do that in the future, too many people to get enough time actually welding. And a long afternoon.

The Mig classes I teach are 3-3.5 hours. If you already know how to weld we can do a quick checkoff at the meeting. Otherwise take Mig basics class. We will likely be welding legs on a new grinder table after the next meeting so anyone who is checked off can help with that.

We will be teaching CNC plasma after the meeting. Take that so you can make parts to weld

1 Like

so yes, absolutely! My son and i would be able to make it either Wed the 4th, or Fri the 6th for the Hot process safety class. What time? will it be on the event calendar?

Also CNC plasma sounds great! What equipment do we need to bring, if any, e.g. Gloves, etc.?

Also any youtube videos that either of you would recommend? example: safety tips, welding training, cnc plasma training?

thanks for your help.

Bring gloves, shade 3 glasses, safety glasses, jeans, cotton shirt, closed toed shoes preferably leather. Some welding helmets have a grind mode that is around shade 3.

Wednesday 7pm? Yes, it’ll be on the Calendar.

We will be there! looking forward to it… thanks again

Well, razzlefratz. Too late to get Wednesday, so it’ll be Friday night. Still at 7pm. Since I put it in for honorarium, it should show up for signing up on Monday around 3:00 pm.

Now open to register:

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/16994

1 Like