Honorarium Timing Question

I had a general question about honorarium timing in regard to teaching the full 6 classes per month. In the past when we used the accounting firm I know they used a revolving 30 day calendar for honorarium. As a result if you, say, had 6 classes on the 15th of the prior month, you’d have to wait till the 16th of the next month in order for their “calendar calculations” to reset, and begin getting honorarium again. Since we switched to Bill.com, does anyone know if that is the same, or if its by calendar month now?

I wonder if @Bizwacky knows this answer…

I haven’t noticed an issue, but then I’ve been spastic about teaching 6.

That is a good question I don’t know the answer to. In my mind it’s calendar month but I’d have to look closely at the way the rule is written.

The real answer is that we don’t track it closely enough to notice unless you have like, 10 honorarium all come through at the same time.

ah ok. I was curious as I didn’t get paid out for class 19908 (but did for all the others the same day) and I assumed it was because I had taught on 6/24 the prior month, and 19908 was on 7/22 so maybe it wasn’t a full 30 days out? though I only had 5 classes in June and 6 in July. First time I taught a full 6. It made me curious about it.

I’ll check that one for you, what was the title?

It was “Make a Minimalist Leather Card Wallet”. Its not a big deal, I just want to make sure I understand.

That’s recent enough it may just not have been processed yet, I’ll keep any eye out for it.

ah ok. thanks for taking a look! I was figuring since the other 2 got processed that maybe I wasn’t eligible on that one due to the timing (rolling 30 day vs calendar month).

Of course, you have verified that you checked attendance… That’s always seemed to be the major issue for me when I haven’t gotten paid.

… thanks for reminding me… I keep meaning to add in emails that will be sent to the teachers at the end of classes and a day later reminding about attendance if not taken -sigh-.

I did indeed! but good reminder for us all.

1 Like

The rule is equally vague, which probably contributes to @Lordrook 's question. I suggest that if the intent is “calendar month” then the Board should vote on a rule clarification change to add the verbiage “calendar month”.

Yeah, I got the impression that the on-site bookkeeper invented that one on her own. Maybe it was something some other company had done, and she assumed that that would work fine. I think most of us think of the “month” as a calendar month, without squeezing things so that the days are more uniform.