Hiring nearby - jewelry assembly or rhinestoning

Where I work is currently hiring.

They manufacture costume jewelry for their wholesale customers and are hiring folks for doing jewelry assembly and for rhinestoning.

This would be a good job for someone that likes to work with their hands and has good attention to detail. Experience with using jewelry pliers for assembly or wire jewelry a plus. That’s for the jewelry assembly. There’s a little leatherwork too (tassels, necklaces, etc) that they’ll teach you.

Rhinestoning is glueing rhinestones in specific patterns on pieces that go in the designs, precision important. Don’t worry if you’ve never done it. You get trained. Main thing you need is good attention to detail.

Generally you’ll mainly do one or the other, but ultimately be cross-trained for flexibility in needs. (I’m mainly assembly, but enjoy rhinestoning as well.)

They are located 5 minutes from DMS. Hours are weekdays, generally 30-40 hours (business operation hours 8:30-4:30 weekdays). They are flexible with things like accommodating folks that have kids in school or taking college classes. Starting pay is around $9.25/hr possibly bit more with experience.

I’ve worked there 1.5 years and can say it’s a really nice group of people to work with, pleasant environment, flexible schedule, and nice variety of things to make.

If you’re interested, message me and I’ll give you the contact information.

Be sure to mention to them when you call that you found out about it because you go to Dallas Makerspace. They like folks from here and recognize you probably already are pretty decent at making things. Every little bit helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Team_Jewelry

This job might particularly appeal to some of the folks that hang out in your area or their friends (feel free to spread the word)).

2 Likes