Help with failed MSLA prints

So I’m trying to do a print of some miniatures I found on Thingiverse and I’ve been having some trouble. This was the result of the first attempt:

Got ourselves a collection of quadriplegic space marines here. I was using the lightest support option on the slicer and I believe the issue in the arms is caused by that and it not fully adhering to the supports as it built up. The legs I am pretty sure are my own fault, as I paused the print to check on it at about the cut off point then accidentally missed the resume button for the next 2 hours while I worked elsewhere. Woops.

Anyway I gave it another try this morning with beefier supports. I also decided to raise the models up off the bed 2mm since I don’t like that the feet got sealed to the support bases on the previous print.

All looked well as it was under way, but upon further inspection it looks like one of the legs didn’t complete on any of the models. They look smooshed. I believe this is another support adhesion fail, though the fact it happened with all 3 in the same place gives me pause. Anyone have any ideas for next steps to try? I can just keep throwing spaghetti at the wall but seems like this kind of thing shouldn’t be failing like this regularly

1 Like

Was the same leg always in the same position relative to the build plate/LCD (i.e., if it’s rotated 180o, does the same leg fail?)

Please also post a screen shot from the slicer so we can see what it’s supposed to look like.

It was 3 dudes printed in one batch. I can post the screenshot when I get home. The old print it was a different leg that failed (one both, one only one, one had good legs).

1 Like

Might have had a part stick to the FEP and block curing half way through, obviously filter the vat and check the FEP and LCD for any blocked areas. Manually adding supports is usually the best way if you’re not certain at thin parts.

That would cover a significant part of the build platform. I know in theory that’s supposed to work but in reality it creates suction problems.

Did you have any success printing one at a time, or was it the same problem?

there was nothing stuck when filtering the vat, though that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and finally get detached.

ok I will try printing one at a time