Help with fabrication of parts for "Shadow" pinball machine

Hey folks,

I have a “Shadow” pinball machine that I’d like to have at VECTOR for the next few weeks. (It was at DMS roughly this time last year until it ran into several issues.) Now that I’m healthier, I want to come up with a collaborative game plan with a smart metalworker or fabricator to make it solid for a long time to come.

There are two things going on with it:

• The vertical up-kicker in the back, that sends balls flying upward, has broken. I ordered a new one which is about 1/2" too short, since the original part is unobtainium, and am looking for something to extend it that can take tons of abuse and will last for years.
  • There are two “Phurba diverters” in the game, basically triangular pieces that can swing left or right so the ball will go down different parts of the ramps. These diverters are attached into place with set screws that get yanked on by a plunger mechanism that goes in & out of a solenoid, and over time, these set screws have eaten really big holes into the shaft such that it doesn’t really move much anymore. As these diverters are unobtainium, I’d like help in redoing the shafts.

The diverters are a known issue with various forum/blog posts: topic 1 and topic 2 and topic 3

If there’s someone who is willing to help me out with these issues, I’d like to bring my Shadow game to get worked on collaboratively, and keep it at DMS for a month and change. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

@Mrholthaus Sheet Metal Max