[Help Request] - New 5" Drone Build

I’m super new to this hobby and have started to build a 5" freestyle drone. The problem is that I seem to have a short somewhere, and I dont even know if I understand what that means. :smiley:

I’m looking for some help in troubleshooting and getting a better understanding of electricity flow, what continuity even means, and basic steps to figuring out where a short is. I’ve got the drone, a continuity tester and gear I need to fix it. Please let me know what ya’ll think.

In the absence of any scheduled classes in electronics, I’d suggest hitting YouTube for a basic intro to electronics.

This might be decent (not sure): Circuit Basics - The Learning Circuit - YouTube

Watch that and then check other videos in the series.

A short circuit is a direct (or reasonably direct) connection between your power source and its ground. It’s generally never a happy thing.

Continuity simply refers to a continuous path between one point in a circuit and another.

I’m sure folks can help you out but you’ll do well to learn what you can on your own or your project will be an exercise in frustration.

Thanks so much for the reply!! :slight_smile:
I’m def learning alot, though continuity and shorts are new to me they are not something i’ve never seen before. lol

I’ve taken the entire drone apart at this point, and am still getting continuity when touching the multimeter probes to the battery pads… So i’m thinking that the board is pee pee poo poo??

I would assume that I should not have continuity with NOTHING connected to the ESC board.