Help make a part

So I have design an adapter to held my big spool on the 3d printer. I am wanting to learn new things. The design is by no means set in stone( or aluminum) I want to make the green part and use the aluminum block as shown.
I am posting this post.
A. To have someone help me with the design
B. Help me make the part in the machine shop
Hope the same people can help me with A and B. Put I will take what I can get.
I am looking for some to talk about the project, talk me though the step. I will / have taken the mill safety classes but this would be my first project. So I would need to go though the process of getting checked out for that.

@TBJK has tool time on Thursdays for exactly this sort of thing but he took last week off due to some personal reasons. If you are already signed off on the milling machine we can help. If not you need to take the online training for the mill (located under DMS learn tab from the homepage) and then the in person course with @BobKarnaugh

1 Like

Shane,

In fact, I have a mill class that should post on event tomorrow some time, scheduled for 2pm Saturday, August 26. In the mean time you can do the self study portion by entering the " Member Portal" on the DMS home page, then go to “Learn” and drill down to Machine shop then Bridgeport self study. You need to pass the quiz in order to be able to register yourself for the machine side class, when it shows up in “Event”.
If you are new to milling, you will learn a lot of what you need to know from the self paced, self study material, especially the MIT machine shop videos. Those videos are given by a professional shop steward, so that is good instruction.

Regards,
Bob

How important is this feature?

I just need so keep of dip at the end to keep that spool on

Do you have a holding strategy for machining that part? In what order are you going to machine the faces so you can hold it while you’re machining it?

Have you considered a lower-tech, but much easier to implement solution?

1 Like