Help Launch the DMS Space Shuttle - Voting closed

I just cheat. it makes me feel all tingly inside. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I voted on my phone, home computer and school computer…almost daily. We should have investigated some outpouring of button crunchers for this.

2 Likes

I have a hunch they are de-duping the votes by IP/day. Since the return from the server is always:

{"projectId":"140","clientKey":"203.0.113.21@12:16:2016"}
1 Like

yeah we need to have more talk exposure when people join - - maybe a talk meet and greet / mixer or something where we get them on talk and interacting right away…
Voted several times via proxy so I hope it is making a dent…

Remember remember the shuttle to begin there.

My daily vote and I shared on Facebook to encourage more voters!

3 Likes

Any updates on vote totals?

Below is the vote count for the Find Your Fire Grants program as of Friday, Dec. 16 at 3 p.m. CT.

Remember you can vote once per day, so get people to www.Bernzomatic.com/Grants to vote!

The Bed Blitz

Winslow Middle School

Chicago Youth Centers

Forging Women

Iron Range

MakerVault

Dallas Space Shuttle

Hound’s Little Free Libraries

Steamer Kart

Girl Start Summer Camp

That’s the most recent thing they sent us.

Go vote go vote. …

2 Likes

Latest email with numbers.

Below is the vote count for the Find Your Fire Grants program as of Friday, Dec. 23th at 1:30 p.m. CT.

Remember you can vote once per day, so get people to www.Bernzomatic.com/Grants to vote!

Project name
Votes
Winslow Middle School
The Bed Blitz
Chicago Youth Centers
Forging Women
Iron Range
Dallas Space Shuttle
MakerVault
Hound’s Little Free Libraries
Steamer Kart
Girl Start Summer Camp

1 Like

After some testing I believe they are only counting one vote per IP per day.

2 Likes

Heh heh heh

Twenty characters

Unrelated to my previous comment, but for those of us more comfortable using command line to do things like browse the web, here’s a quick and easy way to vote:

curl -s -X POST -A 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 Safari/537.36' -d 'action=upvote_project_submission&projectId=140' http://findyourfiregrants.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
4 Likes

…one vote per IP …per user agent… per day.

As far as I can tell your curl + browse-then-click-using-Firefox garnered two votes today.

The other possibility is that the curl did not work.

Based on the “clientKey” the site returns, I think they are only counting per IP per day.

Example:

{"projectId":"140","clientKey":"192.0.2.1@12:27:2016"}

I ran the curl. Got the expected response. Ran it again. Got the same response. Started Firefox. Browsed to the vote page using the link in the original post. Clicked vote. Got a success message. Shutdown Firefox. Repeated from “Started Firefox”. Got a “you already voted message”. (All done from the computer in front of me that typically has a very stable IP address.)

The “you already voted message” is generated whenever the response from the server matches an item in local storage “localKey”. Here’s the relevant bit of code from fyfg.js:

// function to send ajax votes
  function vote(projectId, event) {
    if(event) event.preventDefault();
    // send request
    $.ajax({
      url: "/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php",
      type: 'POST',
      data: {
        action: 'upvote_project_submission',
        projectId: projectId
      },
      success: function(data) {
        var clientKey = JSON.parse(data).clientKey+'@'+projectId;
        var localKey = JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem('localKey')) || {};
        if(localKey[clientKey]) alert('You already voted for this project today. Come back tomorrow!');
        else {
1 Like

Should we wait the few more days before lobbying that we should sell the bus? Was a good idea, but if we can’t generate interest to perform enough outreach to solicit a couple thousand votes from the internet, then clearly there is not enough interest to run an outreach program that would require 10s of thousands of DMS dollars to fund.

3 Likes

Today is the last day to vote!

1 Like

for what it’s worth, I voted every day I could. :grin:

2 Likes