Help Laser engraving cups/ Laser class

Would anyone have time this week to help me get two cups engraved on the laser?

Is anyone be available to teach a laser class?

Thanks so much!
Carol

Are you already signed off on the Fusion?

I have finished the online course for thunder.

How do I get signed off on the Fusion?

I’m honestly not sure who teaches that now. When I took it it was an in person class. The fusion operates differently than the thunder re: software etc, so it requires a different class. At the time I took it it included the rotary. Afaik we don’t have a rotary for the thunder laser any more.

Sorry I can be of more help

@cvrana someone suggested that you might be able to train me on the Epilog laser?

:crossed_fingers:

Carol

I’m interested too

As am i. I’d particularly like to learn the rotary system

Hello all,

So I would be the person to handle this, however I have to have semi-major surgery on Thursday and will be out of commission for probably about a month.

Once that’s handled I’ll be back and able to do classes, but until then it’s unfortunately just not going to be something I can do.

Chris

3 Likes

Chris,

No worries! Take care and focus on your recovery! I’ll look forward to learning this from you in the future.

Carol

1 Like

A huge thank you to @cvrana and @skyspook for the help getting this class on the calendar. :slight_smile:

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19748

1 Like

The class is open. Register!!
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19748

1 Like

The class has already filled up but I am planning to schedule more classes and will do my best to get everyone trained who needs training. <3

Please consider teaching and let me know if you have any questions about teaching at DMS. I’d be happy to help anyone who wants to teach. :slight_smile:

Since the class filled in about 30 mins I’d say there’s demand :wink:

I wish we had some sort of request system that recorded demand and informed people of class availability. There are a number of classes/qualifications that I want to take that are filled before I see them post. I usually check the calendar at least once a day, and often more than that.

1 Like

The rotary seems to be the highest demand usage for the Fusion.

Just as curiosity, since I see that the class is rotary-specific, was being already certified on the Fusion a prerequisite? Or does this class also certify people for the Fusion in general?

Once I learn and feel comfortable, I’d be glad to teach.

1 Like