Hello, I'm new here

So I just got signed up for the DMS today. And I’ll be coming tonight for the tour. I’m mostly signing up for the automotive area. But I also do some 3D printing and electronics work depending on what I’m into that week.

Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know a bit about me. I come from a family of mechanics. Mom, Dad, Step dad, step mom are all some kind of mechanic. I’m really the weird one as I went to school for computers and I’m a sysadmin by trade.

I currently have 3 cars.

2011 Toyota Tundra (Daily driver)
1986 Nissan 300zx (Current project car)
2004 Pontiac Grand Am (Loaned to my mother atm)

In February I’ll be picking up a 1982 Corvette that’s been in a garage for 20 years. And as I know full car restorations aren’t allowed for storage reasons my Nissan does run and drive and is registered it just needs some work. The vette’s going to need some love too once I pick it up. But most of that can be done in my driveway.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting some of you as I got about my projects. I look forward to learning from you guys as well. Most of my mechanic knowledge comes from Youtube videos or my step dad sitting over my shoulder coaching me through different things.

Thanks for your time reading this over. Just excited to get started making/fixing stuff.

12 Likes

The DMS race car is a 1995 240SX, so we know Nissans. Motor Sports meets most Thursdays at 7PM in the Automotive area. Come by and say Hi!

2 Likes

You may want to visit the “green dot” thread, and fill out the template. You’ll gain access to quite a bit more of the message board.

I got an achievement saying I’ve reached basic already. Is that what you mean?

Also @dallasmagna my 300zx actually uses the same 71c transmissions as that car if I’m not mistaking. I put a 240sx short throw shifter on mine. Bolted right on with no issues. It unfortunately needs a new clutch though. And I have all the parts but removing that trans is the largest pita I’ve ever attempted…

It seems as if you have been granted the “green dot” next to your name. That denotes you are a DMS member. Look forward to seeing you around the space.

1 Like

Welcome, @Paravane!

1 Like