Having Problems Dye sub standard 12oz Mugs in 3D Heat Press

I hope you’re doing well! I am having some problems with sublimation. I have followed your steps word for word (even had it videotaped) but my mugs are all coming out pretty bad. I believe I have all the proper settings, and I set the first few at 8min at 200c but it was just not adhering. I kept going up all the way to 15min at 200c (and that was the best one - the one on the top left in the picture attached below). However, 15 minutes at 200c sounds way too much for one mug. I have already wasted 5 mugs :frowning: I was wondering if you are going to be at Makerspace any time this week and maybe you could see what I’m doing wrong/help me? It would be really appreciated since I really really want to make some mugs for Christmas gifts. Thank you so much!

1 Like

who are you trying to reach you made a topic instead of sending a personal message

@CaryF300 maybe? It does read like a PM but it could be of general interest so maybe posting it publicly was a happy accident.

1 Like

Are you using the 3D press, because it is currently degraded? I haven’t had a chance to fix the bottom heating element. Use the mug press to do them.

Hi @CaryF300 Yeah I’m using the 3D press. Ahh bummer because I wanted to make some Christmas gift mugs for people and it is way faster with the 3D press. Any ETA on the fix?

After Christmas, as I’m on my way out of town.