Hammond Belt Replacement

Not sure if this has been handled already, but the belts on the Hammond belt sander (the one with the fine sanding belt and scotch brite belt) were screwed up on Friday and need replacement.

I was mostly wanting to use the scotch brite belt, but I think someone probably tried to use it to shape something. None of the abrasive material was left and the belt was splitting in the middle. We removed it but had nothing to replace it with.

If there’s a particular procedure to taking care of this let me know.

1 Like

The KMG is BYOB (Bring your Own Belts) and that should have been covered in the training class you needed to take to use it. Are you signed off on it? It would have been a class you took under Blacksmithing.

Sometimes there are belts available for general use but naturally they get mistreated and don’t last long.

At one point we had belts for purchase that you could buy from the shop but I’m not sure how that ended up.

I am nearly certain that the KMG is different from the Hammond, and doesn’t have two belts, nor does it normally have belts set up on it…

1 Like

ha! oops. Totally disregard my previous post. You mean the big belt sander that doesn’t need training.

1 Like

Whelp you nailed it by posting here; I can swap it when i’m in next or one of the committee members of @Team_Metal_Shop can

1 Like

Yep. I was advised that I should get the training since the KMG is the better machine, but I mostly need that scotch brite belt to finish some parts I’ve shaped already.

1 Like

There was a spare scotchbrite belt in the teachers cabinet last week.

1 Like

The belts have now been replaced

3 Likes