Halloween Maker Ideas Thread

I saw this and thought it looked interesting and wanted to share: Milk Jug Skulls

What are other maker halloween ideas?

3 Likes

I’ve had a long-term goal to make some animated kicking legs (powered by a windshield-wiper motor) to place under my tractor/bushhog at Halloween. Bought the motor and power supply - that’s as far as I’ve gotten so far.

I can show folks how to make pretty good looking graveyard fencing using a ripped down 2X4 and 1" PVC pipe.

2 Likes

Terrifying!

I’ve seen the fences too. I’m going to start working on some Nightmare Before Christmas outdoor decor (hopefully) it won’t suck

Web-controlled, Arduino-driven, RasPI coordinated singing pumpkins is always good.

Instructable (including a GITHUB for the code) is here:

3 Likes

I have decided that I want to create a Flying Crank Ghost (similar setup to the kicking legs, I believe) this year. I have the wiper motor, PWM speed controller, and power supply. I need to mount it and build some sort of rig (I was thinking of PVC).

I have also been interested in the milk jug skulls posted by @uglyknees. Just gotta get that master skull.

1 Like

I’m going to ask the anatomy teacher if I can borrow a good one to try it. I just bought a basket of skulls at the dollar store to stuff in a birdcage - they have horrible proportions but they are good for what I need for the effect.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems the cheap (inexpensive) ones I’ve seen are pretty cheap (of poor quality).
I guess you get what you pay for in the body parts market :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to make up a buncha “Alien” eggs (ca 1979 version). Some would be translucent with … some kind of effects so you can see something moving around inside. Fog machine + dry ice cooling + lighting to get the weird “layer of light” effect.

Then I realize having all that in my front yard would probably give me nightmares for years.

2 Likes

Maybe you could ask @JBluJkt or @Lordrook for one of the ceramic, slip-cast skulls for a form?? They’ve been cranking them out.

Although, you’d have swear to return them in good shape. They’re fancy!

2 Likes

Do it! Cause a stir!

If I start now I might be able to cause a stir on Halloween 2020… :smiley:

1 Like

Trick or Treat :jack_o_lantern:

I made this early so I’d have more time for other projects. If I had giant orange yarn, I’d make a big one.

3 Likes

In the event this is helpful

(Saved version, so we can still know what it was after they’re deleted: http://www.craigslistadsaver.com/view.php?name=Waterjugs )

1 Like

Bright this one up today. Just a Halloween prop

3 Likes