HAAS Special Interest Group Meeting

Folks, I have scheduled a meeting for next Thursday at 7pm in the Purple classroom for those who would like to discuss the future management of the HAAS, especially in light of the loss of Rob

Open to any interested members
@Photomancer
@jhrbacek
@richmeyer
@zmetzing
@artg_dms

6 Likes

I’d like to add: If you can teach CAD classes, this alone would be helpful, not only to those interested in the HAAS but to lots of members as we have lots of CNC based devices.

3 Likes

I’ll plan to be there at this meeting.

2 Likes

yep, I can make it.
987654321 blast off!

1 Like

I’ll plan to be there too. I’m interested in teaching basic Fusion 360 CAD & CAM classes after the Basic Machine Shop class gets it legs and can be taught by other members. I believe @nicksilva and @richmeyer have expressed an interest in teaching Fusion as well as @wandrson, so maybe we can come up with a divide-and-conquer method to maximize our talent.

1 Like

I would love to attend the meeting. Unfortunately, I will be out of town. I look forward to hearing about the discussions. Have a great meeting!

1 Like

I would like to help out with the haas management if there is space available

Anybody that wants to help is more than welcome!

Right now until a new Team Leader is chosen I think/am asking Nick Silva to to be contact. @nicksilva and corrdinate. If someone is already stepped up or chosen, let me know.

I will hopefully be there!

Looking forward to the meeting. On topics for the meeting maintenance. - there was a really nice proposed maintenance schedule proposed that had a weekly/monthly/yearly schedule of things that should be done on the haas.
I thought it was moved to the wiki but I don’t spot it. Does anyone have a copy or know where it resided?
Did anyone save it? Wiki would be a good place for it under tasks to be done. Cheers!

I’m not sure how old ours is, but diy.haascnc.com probably has an operators manual for the machine, which should have the routine maintenance checks in it. Here is one for machines older than 93. https://diy.haascnc.com/node/1000335096

There is a generic suggested maintenance schedule here:
https://diy.haascnc.com/reference-docs/vmc-maintenance-schedule#gsc.tab=0

I’m pretty new to CNCs but I have been tasked with developing (and executing) our maintenance program at work, so I’m slowly learning what to do and how to do all the PMs. We’ve got a few VF2’s and VF3’s so if I can be of any help I’m willing.

thank you. that is a good start.

Something I would like to see implemented is “The Key Operator” concept. Basically these would be Team members that know how to perform the maintenance items. The maintenance list you are developing about would be performed by Team approved folks or if an issue shows up these are the folks that will respond to the request.

Other than standard operator functions, I want each team that has people to do this rather than have the general Maker doing the maintenance. This will help ensure it is done in a consistent manner, no experiments by “I know how to do this” and they really don’t. Key operators will be the ones that are responsible for “their machines” not everything in Machine Shop, just theirs.

I guess I’m just blind in one eye and can’t see out the other.
Here is the initial discussion I was looking for: Talk discussion
and the same info on the WIKI: Care and Feeding of HAAS

I think we can safely go with the daily and bi-weekly items as is. I think we should discuss the monthly especially about running all the tool changes until the ATC is up to par. See ya Thursday everyone.

1 Like

good find!
I knew I’d seen this, too, but could not find it, either…

Reminder: Meeting tonight.

1 Like

Wish I could make it, but work is going to interfere this time.

If you can’t make it but want to be involved make sure we have your email and such for inclusion on a haas mailing list

PM’d it to you. And here’s some more characters, because short and to the point is not acceptable, but vast wasted bandwidth for this nonsense is.

1 Like