HAAS Progress & Update

I’m hoping Wednesday Afternoon I can get moving on the seals/wipers on the way covers. That all depends on how the Drill press work goes though.

What time range Wednesday afternoon? I could pop by after work (after 4-5ish) and lend a hand.

1 Like

Im coming in right from work. Typically 4-5

1 Like

That looks like a marathon job. Thank you to everyone who put in their time and expertise (and bravery to deal with the sludge).

Will check back here before I head over but I should be there 4:30-45ish. See you then.

I’m on my way from Westlake.

@TBJK and I replaced the way wipers on the right side of the X axis of the HAAS yesterday.

A bit for before and after action… the old ones were a sorry sight.

A bit of prying and IPS orange degreaser vapor inhalation later, behold, the new, shiny way wipers :grin:

Thanks Tim for sorting out the parts and for your help. Looking forward to doing the rest.

6 Likes

I hope to be by this afternoon for a bit to do some more work, I will not be able to stay late. 6:30-7 tops will be the latest I stay.

1 Like

So I changed the wipers on the front Y axis. The other side of the X & Y still needs to be done.

2 Likes

I plan on being by this afternoon (4:30 ish)if anyone cares to join me continue this endeavor.

1 Like

So in the fun of all of it was a battle with getting the Skimerator hooked back up to the HAAS. Last night I glues the oil weir back on to the fitting. I have added a bulkhead fitting to the back of the HAAS to get the Skimerator running fully through the sump at all times. This will allow the coolant to not stagnate. In addition I have added a hose rack for the wash down hose to keep it orderly.

6 Likes

Wonderful job.
I came in and bolted the vise back to the table and dial indicated it in.
I talked to Tim and I’ll be getting a revamped HAAS class on the calendar soon.
Cheers!

5 Likes

My apologies @nicksilva, I meant to mention that you squared the vise up but forgot.

No problems. You know I’m good at self-promotion. :smile:

I am interested in the class. It is the only tool in the machine shop that I am not certified on. I appreciate all of the hard work to get it back into tip top shape.

Are you certified on the Drill Press and Band Saw? Answer: NO.

Trick question … there is no certification!

1 Like

Doesn’t having the requisite appendages certify me on it by default. :joy:

That can show you no experience and never done it also. Sadly, most people with digits missing are people that are very experienced, they become overconfident, complacent, and take short cuts “Because they know what they are doing.”

While not posted, no machining while on skateboards.

1 Like

But electric scooters are fine, right?

…right?

1 Like

I do plan on being by for a bit tomorrow afternoon to install the new lights. I will be putting in an override switch so we can arbitrarily turn on the lights without having to power up the HAAS.

1 Like