Gun Cleaning Class

Years ago I attended a gun cleaning class at DMS. A senior gentleman at my church (Our Savior Lutheran, Arlington) has asked me over and over again when he can take the class.

I know it won’t be offered on-site, but will the instructor contact me so we can offer it at my house in far south Dallas, at my church, or at a craft brewery? Instructor will get free beer at any location.

1 Like

you are aware of Texas Carry laws?

Handguns and other weapons are prohibited in business permitted by TABC that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale of alcohol.

Who is bringing the tobacco and explosives?

1 Like

Popeye and Wiley.

3 Likes

Guns provided by Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam.

Who’s bringing the booze?

I’d say Wile E Coyote would be my guess

Or Alec Baldwin? I hear he is a real shooting star!

2 Likes

Does your church derive 51.1 % of it’s income from alcohol?

No. One of my pastors does brew some great beer, but that doesn’t generate any income for the church.

1 Like

All I can think of is Homer Simpson and his beer-drinking buddy, Barney.

I think there may be a Looney Tunes character, but cannot come up with it.

Now that you bring him up, some single-action revolvers do not have a safety mechanism to block hammer->firing pin->primer energy transfer unless the trigger is pulled.

Presuming the weapon in question is one of those without, if Alec pulled the hammer back but released it before the cocking position, could it spring back and fire the gun?

In all of the talking-head discussions about the incident, I have heard not one mention of this theory.

So yours is not the Church of Mixology?

1 Like

His question is probably due to this:

If i recall there was a gun cleaning class some years ago, before the rules changed. The present rules do look to make such a class … difficult … unless the firearms are not reassembled onsite post field-stripping, which would make for a decidedly incomplete experience.