Guitar Group - Beginner Series Thread

Hey everyone,

I’ve made this thread as a means for us to communicate outside of the scheduled classes. Feel free to post questions, topics, musical resources and other things that contribute to the discussion of becoming a better guitar player.

Last time we met, we discussed trying to find a convenient meeting day and time. Personally, the last Sunday afternoon of the month work best for me. I intend on meeting once a month, but if there is sufficient demand we can try to workout two classes a month.

We have an electric, acoustic & bass guitar in Digital Media that can be used

1 Like

Evenings and weekends work best for me. I’ve been making good progress on learning FPB, and am mainly working on switching chords quickly. Thanks!

What are your thoughts on people who are not beginners attending? I’m down to assist in helping people learn what it is that I know (not all that much).

1 Like

Any level of player is totally welcome to join. The only reason this is titled “beginner guitar group” is because I’m more of an intermediate and wouldn’t want someone with a higher level of skill coming in with the expectation of learning something in particular. The more the merrier.

1 Like

I might show up on Sunday. I’m self taught so I’d mostly be teaching people all of my bad habits, but if you’re into blues/honky-tonk kinda stuff you should at least learn something. I’ve been playing live off and on in Fort Worth dive bars since I was a kid. I know a good jam place that’s very welcoming if anybody want’s to actually work up to performing.

1 Like