Growing anything extra

I have some extra peppermint, tomato seedling and young basil plants. Is anyone growing things from seed? Do you want to trade?

1 Like

I have some squash I could trade. I may be able to part with a Jalapeno pepper seedling, too.
I’m trying to grow herbs and peppers this year. A relative gave me four squash plants so I don’t need them all.

@coloneldan - I have some cantaloupe seedlings if you want to trade me some squash.

I’d be happy to do this but I contracted Covid on Saturday so I’m out for a couple of weeks. I’m also leaving for Rome on May 1 so it will likely be mid-May before I return. Not sure if swapping then makes, too much sense, but I’d still be willing.

CDC says you need to have 10 days between your fist Covid symptom and travel and you have to be Covid negative, of course. I started taking Paxlovid yesterday so I’m hopeful.

Nah, no worries.

The super market still has tons of squash for me to buy.

Speaking of which I bought some organic horseradish, tumeric and ginger at Sprouts. I planted them in deep pots and the horseradish has already put up leaves. The others will probably come up in the summer. I also planted some almost spoiled new potato eyes and they too have come up. If you buy organic squash and it is non GMO its seed will likely grow squash, too.

I scooped out the seeds from an organic cantaloupe this year, too. I plopped the whole thing seeds and seed cavity into a pan full of seed started mix and they almost all came up.

Happy gardening!

1 Like

ok so if I try to show up to makerspace. But i am not able to maintain a membership. I can leave two small tomato plants at makerspace this week end. I was looking to stop by to talk about electronic signals this weekend. So this a no then. As it is easier to go to whole foods or sprouts. Can we even maybe the trade can include service of gardening or maybe gardening is not good for making?

No this is a no because I’m Covid positive. Still love to exchange just closer to mid May as I’m supposed to leave for Rome on May 1. I’ll return two weeks later.

Oh so after covid 19 your leaving for a sprouts in rome… I am hearing that? (not that we are being snide. nah nah) . After that we can do charity in Ukraine. The we can go to area 51 to see the new ufos… we love to trade plants if we are not doing taxes or our hair… or doing stamp collect. See by that time i could just give you fully grown tomatoes while… i feel there might be snicking on your part.

1 Like

No, I’m not taking any sprouts to Rome, however, if I find some seeds there I might bring them home.
I will never refuse a full grown tomato, especially a home grown one. I have three tomato plants planted myself. I love tomatoes though.

I did snicker a little. Perhaps we could organize a DMS wide plant swap. Years ago Calloways had one every Spring and they were a lot of fun. I actually acquired some Israeli Melon and Morning Glory seeds in 2012 and planted them this year. They both sprouted, which I thought was remarkable.

Thanks for the funnies.

1 Like

This the freebie food.

2 Likes