Great first Cake Decorating Class

I am so proud of the hard work that happened today in my cake decorating class. Due to my friend, Betty Crocker, the cakes were a lot more crumbly than they should have been, but the class overcame the difficulties and came out with some gorgeous and creative first cakes. I wanted to share their hard work with you all.

Can’t wait to see what happens with the cake pops on Friday!

11 Likes

Those cake pop people have A LOT to live up to now! :smirk: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We all did an amazing job and had a great teacher. Can’t wait for the fondant class! :wink:

1 Like

Really cool :sunglasses:, thanks for teaching. I hope there are more so I can join in!

1 Like

Those look great!! Sounds like such a fun class. I would love to do a chocolate truffle class as I know a good recipe but unfortunately it requires heating and I am not sure we have the facilities to support that. Need to be able to get water to a rolling boil, so I don’t think a hot plate from science would be enough.

Wait, we are allowed to have food based classes now? I swear when people tried that before they were told no due to health code or something. Or maybe it was a ‘maybe’ but the students had to provide all the food for themselves.

Fun to hear that changed, these all look quite cute :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s more the cooking part from what I understand because I’ve done other food classes at the makerspace. They were more science based like spherification and powdering foods like peanut butter, but they were still food based.

1 Like

Cooking at DMS is the issue. The cakes were not baked at DMS. Bri discussed this with us before scheduling the class and I’m so glad everyone seemed to have a good time! The photos are amazing! :smiley:

5 Likes

Ah. I thought it was the ‘cooking at the space’ but also the ‘providing food’ (in this cake a homebaked cake) to students for future eating. Glad to hear that was cleaned up and clarified rules wise.

Thanks for hosting such a fun class @Bri_Gearhart!! Regardless of troubleshooting (lol), I had a great time. Can’t wait for cake pop class!

1 Like