Grapevine Firehouse for sale - look fast - it's friggin sweet

My elementary school turned 100 years old while I was there. That schoolhouse is giving me serious nostalgia. So cheap too… too bad it’s such a mess. Would have to get in there to see how bad it actually is, might be a doable remodel

Reminded of a photo essay about the middle school I would have attended had the family remained in Oregon for another 18 months.

I found it haunting because I had been there before for some summer programs, and my father worked in Gardener thus it was familiar to me in an uncanny way.

It appears that it’s since become a ceramics store.

1 Like

Heres some photos from many years ago when I went to visit it the first time. They were selling for…I want to say somewhere around $70k-ish.
Has a visceral sadness.
It looks better since the hoarding original owners have vacated.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155728714886159&type=3

Always first order of business is fix the roof! Their solutions to avoiding doing that were comical!

I remember them telling me “they had-a-guy” who could fix the roof for around $350. “$350?” Like “$35,000?” “$threehunredfiftydollars”

1. You’ve spent $700 on tarps and drainage pipes
  2. Your roof access is a ladder that goes up into a hole in the roof the size of a human
  3. No

Sheesh. I did my own roof once, and I’m pretty sure I paid more than that just for the shingles. But then, I was buying nice shingles from the full retail side.