Grapevine Firehouse for sale - look fast - it's friggin sweet

1. I don’t know all the details.
  2. I know they lowered the starting bid to either $260K or $280K something like that
  3. The square footage is incorrect on the file I’m uploading.
  4. I knew about this earlier but I thought Allen was trying for it so I kept my mouth shut. Now that he’s passed I’m sharing it.
  5. This is being rezoned to residential
  6. It’s freaking rad
  7. It’s near Parr park which is a really great part of Grapevine
  8. Ya, I know…that is old school McDonalds tile
  9. Generator for days
  10. If you buy it I get to have a party

Story time:

This is near a friends house. She wants me to live close to her. She sent me this. @kpblitzen42 and I went to go see it but it didn’t work for our family. I went to go see it again and called Allen to go see it with me thinking it might be perfect for him. He said no. I got a call from the city yesterday and said they reevaluated the sq footage and dropped the initial bid price…I can’t find paperwork about it but if you’re interested you’ll search it out or call around. Scroll for some pictures

FOR SALE By SEALED BID (Residential Only) -

This property at 2627 Briarwood Drive may be viewed on Tuesday, April 27, Thursday, April 29, or Monday, May 3 between 2-4pm with prior confirmation by contacting Sheli Pugach at 817.410.4471. The minimum bid for this property has been established at $322,000. Bids are due prior to 2pm on May 13, 2021. View the bid packet at bit.ly/3nerMck.

𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝘀:

5,360 SF (including garage bay)

Single story brick structure

Concrete slab foundation

Composition roof

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗿:

Offices

Command room

Small bedrooms

One restroom

Recreation/Entertainment room

Full kitchen

Engine room

The interior is typical of a single-family residence, (e.g., tile and carpet flooring, painted sheetrock walls, and ceiling (excluding the Engine room), built-in kitchen, etc. The single restroom has dual sinks, duel commodes, urinals, and a tile shower. The engine room is clear-span, has a concrete floor with floor drains, overhead lighting, two (2) electric overhead doors, and other equipment considered personal property. Site improvements include concrete paving/parking, storage building at the rear, landscaping, etc.

8 Likes

I just ran across my notes from when I called to ask about it. Here’s a few numbers if you’re interested

City secretary Tara brooks 817 410 3148

Tax collector Grapevine 817 481 8141

Should see if whomever buys it doesn’t want the auto exhaust system. Something that industrial better satisfy any emissions complaints. Would also make doing hot transmission fluid changes possible.

LOL,
Always looking at interesting properties. I wish it was one of those 2 story fire house, those are always cool. A little let down with the split building, lacks the architectural draw you would hope for. Love the idea of 66% of a house being AC and Heated garage space. What a funny idea to own this as a house.

When I heard about this my mind went racing to all the wonderful redo’s I’ve seen of “former” buildings.

It really could be something interesting to the right person (that person isn’t me) with about $150k in changes or probably $400K now that lumber has gone nuts. It has no large stately character…but so so so few homes in DFW do.

It’s a fun one when we have so few fun ones around here to visually poke a stick at.

No fireman’s pole?

5 Likes

Me, I’d love to own a firehouse to make into a house. I’ve always been sad when I see old firehouses torn down and replaced with ho-hum houses…

You could probably manage a stripper pole. And I bet I know where you could get one with LED lights!

7 Likes

You just want a house with a fire pole like in Ghostbusters.

2 Likes

This looks like a great opportunity for someone with a lot of kids (or foster kids). Or a hostel?

Not only does it feature an enormous standby generator and ample parking, but it includes an emergency vehicle signal if you’re tired of waiting on traffic wanting to make a left turn!

6 Likes

I did take photos of the generator because it made Kenneth say “ohhhhhdatsnice”.

Unfortunately, they did move the big 3 when they moved to the new #3.

The cost to purchase a generator like that, the transfer switch hardware and the electrical work to install is worth quite a bit.

We have a 300kw generator with 160kva UPS to provide power to the data center and all studio broadcast operations and critical infrastructure in the building like emergency lights, studio lighting and HVAC for those areas. Was not hard to drop $500k doing that… I would guess the generator at the old fire house is probably between 45kv and 100kw. Might have three phase power service to the building and I know that would be a big plus for any machinist that wants to turn the garage into a workshop.

1 Like

A bit off this topic-
I love the idea of reuse of buildings, especially vintage and antique ones.

In the early 80’s when I hit Texas, I was living in Ft Worth and prowling for old buildings. Of course back then there was a Ton Everywhere because gentrification was unheard of down here- people wanted to get Away from old neighborhoods, not rehab them. Basically anywhere in the city with old architectural building (and housing) stock was cheap, available, and often abandoned.

I found a circa 1890-1900 Firehouse, two story brick, sitting all on its lonely, on the South Side of Ft Worth.

I visited it often, started to do some research to see about who owned it and how to purchase, but never flowed thru all the way. Of course it needed complete rehab and at 21 or 22yrs old, I didn’t have a clue how I would do that.

There was also a church in the South Side of Ft Worth circa 1910-1920 that I considered, a theater on the Northside…

And a super cool abandoned fire station in the Dallas area that I’ve had my eye on for 12 yrs…I had a dream about turning it into a non profit art center for children from low income families. Now of course, property values have Soared so high- the land value would be enormous and completely out of reach…

2 Likes

I’m all for this idea and I co-imagine things like this so so so so so often. One day I’ll actually do it.

It’s in way better shape than the schoolhouse out west you had found a few years back :wink:

You hush. The busted beyond belief schoolhouse was a…treasure…no that’s not right…it was…well it was a place that needed to be condemned.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/505-E-10th-St-Cisco-TX-76437/250411274_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

5 Likes

Thirteen bucks per square foot, hmm, the mind wanders.

I looked today at my “saved” homes and its back up for sale at $125k.

If you go poking around my fb photos i have a bunch of photos from it called “dead dreams” go check it out. It’s an absolute pile. Like literally piss bottles and floors that were collapsing.

1 Like