Grand Opening / Big Open House Event posted on Facebook... Please Share!

Hey Y’all…

Please “invite” and “share” this Facebook event for our Grand Opening / Big Open House!

https://www.facebook.com/events/658583050920197

1 Like

Everything is firming up slowly.

Alyssa is talking about R2D2.

Richard is hosting holography.

Eric is talking about Blender.

Collin is doing magic.

Chuck is talking about something, not sure what. Errr...lol

I have invites to the herb lady, tiny houses, Etsy Dallas, and the electric car folks.

Gocupi will be printing.

Electronics is hosting build a gizmo (for $5?)

Ken is making nitrogen ice cream.

Automotive will be talking about the Lemon Race.

I have a soft schedule for the speakers. I would like all 8 slots filled. I will send it to you Sunday morning.

LOTS of pinball in the pillar room. (14 machines?)

I think that is most of what I know.

Working on food trucks. Not enough time in my day currently.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent using CloudMagic

3 Likes

I’ve got a few hands coming to help video the Grand Opening event. Should have the Grand Opening teaser video posted tonight (he says, with great optimism).

2 Likes

Grand Opening Video…

11 Likes

Let me know if I could help. I’m currently fighting off a cold, though, and I can barely talk.

I just got my latest email from our guest speaker, H Jay Papert:

“We can do basic theory and practical applications and touch on research and have some questions. Anyone who is serious, we can talk afterwards somewhere or another time.” I have him set up for the 11 a.m. to noon slot in the Lecture Hall. He has special flashlights, so we won’t need the illuminator I had been trying to find earlier.

1 Like

Holy cow, Tim!

This is great!!!

Thank you,

Steve

Sent using CloudMagic

2 Likes

Thank you Steve. I wanted to be sure it was in line with DMS “mission
statement” before posting publically…I did take a few liberties with
verbiage. Please have Lisa put it on FB if approved

3 Likes

Is it easy to get a link to the Grand Opening Facebook page on the makerspace.org page? I’m not sure who to ping…

2 Likes

I posted it.

You did great!

Thanks again.

Steve

Sent using CloudMagic

2 Likes

Great video! Good and brief (yet thorough) explanation of Makerspace.

After this video ended, YouTube put up other videos about Makerspace done some time ago by Andrew Floyd. Why doesn’t Makerspace put the links to these videos on their main page? I think it is a good way for prospective Makers to understand what goes on at Makerspace.

2 Likes

I’m planning to put together some vignettes of the different areas of
interest, and I’ve spoken with several of the committee heads. The Grand
Opening video was just slapped together…looking forward to what can be
done with a little time and planning.

3 Likes

That video is most awesome @Timbo!!! :smile:

I’ll be sure to share it, too!

:smile:

Does The Space want examples of projects for display?

4 Likes

Also, the pottery class has several pieces glazed and ready to fire. Might be nice to get a batch done by open house as first timer examples. I noticed several beautiful pieces somebody with skills made that were not glazed yet that would be nice to have done and on display.

1 Like

Yes. Please.

Sent using CloudMagic

1 Like

Stanton Zeff, of the North Texas Electric Auto Association (NTEAA.org) will have a one hour presentation at 10AM.

2 Likes

Lectures are full up and a little more.

Calendar is now updated to show all the lectures going on.

It looks like we might have a pizza sampling.

We added a blacksmith demo from 2-4. This will be “outback” the back door.

A talk and tasting on herbs.

A talk on tiny houses, no tasting.

Josh is doing blue screen photographs in the AV room. You… flying, floating, running, being chased, parachuted, dropped in a hole, out in space, your imagination is the limit as well as a picture you want to be “in front” of.

More people are offering to do stuff and bring projects.

We have Marty the hands on running horse.

We are going to have the Rubens tube running in the workshop. An amazing combination of fire and music.

We still have room for more projects. Don’t be shy.

Thanks to everyone for kicking in and and making it a great event.

We are doing cleaning and straightening Wednesday night at the space. Free pizza snack and drinks.

We need people to come help on Saturday, even if just a hour or two. Lots of guests and events.

Thanks,

Steve

5 Likes

I sent WoodWorld a request to post our Grand Opening Facebook link on their FB page. That’s 500+ targeted “flyers” posted directly to FB feeds of people with potential interest in DMS. Anyone else who knows a “materials vendor” that has a decent following, please message them and ask if they will post too. See you tonight…

2 Likes

Thanks Tim.

I used to be very active in a volleyball league. I posted the invitation and video out to that group last night. That group has a 900+ followers.

Sent using CloudMagic

1 Like