Good PC repair suggestions

I got one of the old Makerspace PCS at the auction, and I’m trying to get it to work. It just gets stuck on “preparing automatic repair” does anyone have any suggestions to fix it, or any recommendations for people who can fix it?

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to do an automatic repair instead of just wiping the hard drive, deleting partitions, repartitioning, formatting and loading a new OS?

I’m not. Whenever I turn it on, it just goes to that. And I can’t figure out how to stop it from doing that

Have you opened it up to find out the motherboard manufacturer brand?
Asus, Msi, gigabyte, ect?

I cannot stress enough how little computer knowledge I have at this point. I don’t even know where to start googling stuff. But as soon as I get a chance tomorrow I’ll crack it open and see what I can find. There is this note

that was on the top of it

Ok, tell you what…
I just got back home about 2 hours ago and im taking tomorrow for personal reasons.

Ill ba at the space Wednesday (planning on 7am, so expect 10am until…?)
If you can get there, keep in contact with me and ill try to stay and wait. It just depends on what comes up, but ill let you know.

Bring the box and ill take a look. We’ll go from there.

2 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I was only hoping to get recommendations for good repair shops, this is more than what I was expecting!

1 Like

I’m only saying I’ll do what I can.

Maybe I can get you squared away, maybe i can get you on the right path.

I’m just saying I’ll do what i can.

But happy to help.

1 Like

I know. I’m not expecting miracles. But in person help, even if it is just a direction to go in, is way more than what I planned on getting!

Bet.
See you Wednesday.

1 Like