Go Team DeWALT (and some other characters)

3 Likes

No team all of the above?

1 Like

What about Team Pittsburgh / Bauer for the “use it once and throw it away” crowd?

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
- Andrew S Tannenbaum

3 Likes

It would be Team ATA.

Hey, HF is warranted to at least a job and a half.

1 Like

I thought the standard warranty there was 30 seconds or 30 feet, whichever occurs first.

3 Likes

I’m slowly switching from Porter Cable to the Red Pill.

Milwaukee’s Packout ecosystem makes their stuff addictive to the point I’ve even bought their Sharpies.

2 Likes

I ask myself “Will I ever need to do this job again?” If no, then I ask “Do I care if there is a 50% chance I have to come back for a replacement to even finish the job the first time?” If my cheapness outweighs my good sense, I buy it. And a crap-ton of other stuff that I totally don’t need but have coupons for… because those are the HF rules, I guess.

3 Likes

I’m in the same process.

1 Like

I generally avoid battery powered anything(I don’t live in the middle of nowhere like Mike). The good thing about ac power is that it actually is standardized. 2/3 prongs fit in most outlets. That said most of my stuff is yellow but I have a bit of everything. Also I’m not a dad so maybe the sorting hat missed me.

1 Like

I was in this camp for a long time, but find that new corded stuff is harder to get, and harder to get in specific common functions. New batteries hold charge a LOT better, so the 'batteries are always dead" syndrome is less of an issue. Most have charge indicators which also helps.

I just bought a small (2 gal) wet/dry vac and the loss of the cord it a major advantage.

I’m centrally located: I’m in the middle of nowhere.

3 Likes

Reminded of the phrase [you can only get lost halfway into the woods]

2 Likes

I am not a dad either, and do not align with any of the brands listed above…

My cordless & most of my corded are all Bosch, (but way back in the 1980s did have the innovative now “vintage” Makita NiCad cordless drill with chuck key(anyone here old enough to know what a chuck key is?).

I am old school and prefer air tools over battery tools most every time. In many situations the cordless tool doesn’t stand a chance. But then the little 12v impact is great for interior work, i.e. removing all the misc trim in order to remove a headliner, door panel, instrument panel etc.