GM's VP's - not so graceful driving skills

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/detroit-grand-prix-start-delayed-pace-car-crash-210125968.html

4 Likes

A buddy of mine who works at GM Auto Finance quipped “And that’s why there’s not going to be a bonus this year”.

1 Like

Tuned in just after this happened. Carbon fiber all over the track. ~40 min start delay.
And to just to rub a little more salt in Ryan Hunter-Reay won in a Honda powered car.
Not a good day for Chevy/Ilmor.

1 Like

It was a Chevrolet VP that crashed the car. Odds are it was driver error rather than a mechanical issue in the $120k corvette. Corvette are a prove chassis by now in motor sports.

If I was the VP, I would pull the full blame as long as Chevrolet picked up the tab.

2 Likes

One of the articles I saw about this said there’s a slight bump in the track at that spot that tended to unload the suspension for a second. If he was already on the gas for the turn exit and found the bump…

1 Like

Most accidents are caused by the nut holding the wheel.

6 Likes

Don’t you just know that some executive at Chevrolet quipped, “And that’s why we can’t have nice things!”

2 Likes

You can clearly see the rear tires still spinning as he loses control. Didn’t even have the brains to get out of the gas.

1 Like

Confused the pedals.

1 Like

Most accidents are caused by the nut holding the wheel.
Most accidents are caused by the loose nut behind the wheel.
Most accidents are caused by the distracted loose nut behind the wheel.

Put Vette in valet mode.
Send VP to remedial Hi Perf driving school.

1 Like

Clearly, he was out of his league. To be fair, a 755hp sports car is out of 99.99% of everyone league when driven really hard without any kind of driver aids enabled.

1 Like

thaaaat’s the part I’m curious about…