7 in attendance

Anita Willis
John Gorman
April Burk
Jennifer Goss
Luke Andras
Laura Gonzalez
Robert Hines

Anita Willis had a conversation with David the expansion chair om 7/21/19 at this time there is no date set for the power install. He stated if we wanted to buy a filter/trap for the sink we could and charge it to the expansion Dept. He was good with one from amazon.

To get the equipment classes up we need the sink trap in, the back splash behind the equipment made, and the power installed. I hope to get back splash supplies this weekend and John Gorman offered to build it.

Without power we only have 1 small kiln in operation. Once the power is installed several test runs will have to be made to see how all kilns pull on the power source. Once the Jewelry and Ceramic Dept are moved we will also have to see how all the kilns will pull on the power. Until this is all work out, we will remain on project fusing and slumping classes.

There will be a charge for the kiln classes and personal use of the kilns when we have this all worked out. Just to be realistic, I don’t see this happening anytime soon there are a lot of things that have to fit into place. So please enjoy some project classes while you wait.

We are slowly moving into our space; the large glass cabinet has not been moved since the ceiling is being accessed where it is supposed to go.

Jennifer Goss has been busy busy sorting and washing our glass. Once the cabinet is moved all glass for classes will be stored there. the glass in our space is for class use. We are talking about putting together a scrap glass area that scrap can be purchased for a small donation for small stained glass and mosaic art. We have not determent this area yet.
April Burk, Jennifer Goss and I are working on getting signage made with our rules. John Gorman is updating the wiki.
Anita is hosting a small group of 5- Monday 8/5 at 11 am to tour the Paragon Kiln company. Serval persons at the GlassWorks Committee meeting want to attend. Please send me you phone number by message at @meanbaby we will be meeting there.

I have requested the oxygen tank be removed for our space. At this time Lampers can use their own map gas in the Glass Kiln area in the warehouse in 102- if you have taken the class and are cleared to do so. Please remember the protective tinted glasses must be worn by all persons watching and you must bring your own Map gas and glass rods.

Just a reminder the thin fire paper used under the glass in the microwave pods is dangerous and should be handled with care. This will turn to a powder after fired and should never be blown or disbursed into the air. Please make every effort to put into the trash without getting it airborne.

I will be working a lot of hours in August and teaching project classes. Then I will be out a great deal of September. To help with this I have put into place April Burk is #1 Vice Chair- John Gorman is Vice chair #2 over communications, wikki, finances- Jennifer Goss is vice chair #3 over education. Between 4 of us we are getting accomplished what we can, and in communication with the expansion team weekly poking, prodding and begging.

Thank you
Anita Willis

3 Likes

I’m understanding is that no oxygen can be storied inside the building. It needs to be in the locked cage out back.

The Oxygen It’s mounted to the wall. I messaged the owner to come pic it up. I think gas is what has to stay in the cage outside.