Glass for custom shower door project

Hi All. Im looking for a little advice. I want to build a custom shower wall and door and was wondering if anyone here has experience and advice as to where the best place is to buy sheets of glass?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tim

I’m also looking for a sheet of glass to put on top of a table. I’d love any recommendations as well. I’ve heard good things about Binswanger Glass and have a quote from Alamo glass but am looking for other quotes.

Hi Henry, these guys make the final product. Im more looking for their supplier so that I can play/ break and make my own thoughts. I have an idea for a shower door that open like this…

I suspect ill be breaking lots and lots of glass😂
After that i will need to find some place that will temper the glass

1 Like

Wow - that’s super cool! I have a quote from both Alamo and Binswanger for just a sheet of 26x53" 1/4" annealed and 1/4" tempered glass but I imagine that you might need significantly larger quantities for your project. Please post photos/videos when you’re done - that’s an awesome door.

1 Like

Years ago we got a large sheet of glass from Plano Bath.

2 Likes

Purchase a cheap table and throw the base away. Large show glass is best purchased from China. Tempered glass is not a custom thing, unless you are very serious about needing an off-size. Purchase kits and toss what you don’t need.

3 Likes

We used Lake Highlands Glass and Mirror for a glass shower surround a few years ago.

And Mister Glass on Floyd Circle helped us with a non-rectangular piece of tempered glass when one of the windows on our sunroom broke. This may be more in line with what you need - they will cut to shape/size and then temper it.

2 Likes

Any furniture store that has a dings and dents section usually has a lot of glass table tops without bases on deep discount.

1 Like

It may be worth stopping by some HfH ReStores?

2 Likes

Ill check them out, thanks!