Give me The Blues - planning for the YIn0.8Mn0.2O3 party

Science and Creative Arts in the works for planning a “coming out” party for December 12th where we (ok Daryl) will explain and celebrate the scientific process with the creation of this new wondrous color and we will collectively brainstorm some potential applications this magic powder. If you don’t know what the heck I’m talking about, check out the link at the bottom of this post.

Someone apparently wants to apply it a tattoo ink, pen ink, applications in ceramics, cosmetics, paints, all sorts of wonderment will come from this. Like can we make wood stains? can we pigment resins? How can we turn it into dyes for fibers? Can we mix it with recycled filament for 3D printing? Who wants to make it into body paint?..I don’t know guys…let’s just get freaky and makery and make some strangeness.

This project is thick with makery loveliness and I hope everyone gets involved with either the scientific process or the creative arts process of this as it’s gonna be awesome. I smell an art show out of this @Team_PR right? What what do I hear a Makery opportunity for all sorts of media bites and coverage - someone alert Lance Puig!
Please take a minute and help me with the playlist for the party. I need songs involving or related to the color or feeling of blue/the blues/being blue ect. Ready…set…go.

@Team_Creative_Arts @Team_Science

10 Likes

I’m so looking forward to everything blue! (There needs to be purple event some day, though.)

I look so good in that picture.

1 Like

Playing on the monitors. Hopefully blue enough.

4 Likes

There is a possibility of purple by substituting another chem for the Magnesium. Have to make the blue first. :jeans:

1 Like

Ya, let’s start with the blue and work sideways after we have success.
This is exciting!

Stones
I’ve Got the Blues

2 Likes

90s kid checking in.

2 Likes

Some moldy oldies…

And a really old one…

3 Likes

Awesome guys keep them coming! @Josh_Melnick texted me that 2 outta 3 of the chemicals are in!
I hope this opportunity sounds exciting to you guys. I know I’m really quite excited about this.

2 Likes

Trip down memory lane.

White powder in plastic baggie
Somethin’ just not rite 'bout that :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Neither of these chems would be a good high.

1 Like

Well…for some folks it’s all about appearances…

1 Like

Yea, we have had a few members walk around with something on their nose. Luckily most of the time it is grease or clay. :wink:

1 Like