Gauging interest: epoxy and wood class

I have had a couple of people come to me and mention interest in an epoxy and wood working class. Based on the nature of epoxy being a multi day curing process I was going to put some thought into the best way to teach/create something that can either be done in one class or a two part class. Wanted to gauge interest to see if it was there before moving forward.

Class would probably entail making a wood and resin board with tips and tricks on working with epoxy that I have learned over the past few years of playing with it.

11 Likes

Defiantly interested. Your work is beautiful.

2 Likes

I would be very interested. I have made a few small pieces but most of them turn out pretty bad…

2 Likes

I’ll do it

2 Likes

I would be interested :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m interested as well

2 Likes

Add me to the interested list!

2 Likes

I’m interested, also.

2 Likes

I’m also interested. What is the requisite wood working skill or tool certification that would be required?

2 Likes

One would need to be woodshop certified but that’s about it. it would be simple/standard use of the table saw, planer, and hand sander. there might be a small cost involved just because of the pricey nature of resin.

4 Likes

Absolutely yes! Fingers crossed for evening classes any day but Tuesday…

2 Likes

I’m definitely interested! Your work is incredible, I’d love to learn

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This is great, it seems like the interest is there. Let me think on how best to go about this. Does anyone know who I talk to in terms of logistics for setting up the class for people to sign up/reserving a space? This will be my first time to do so

2 Likes

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/So_You_Want_to_Teach_A_Class
This is a good read through, and has some links off it with other good info.
Then a chat with your resin (CA) chair @mreynolds Mark , or other experienced member like @dryad2b Beth or woodshop chair Ian @IanLee will likely prove fruitful. But there are plenty of us willing to help in person or online who likely will chime in here…

3 Likes

For sure!! send me a PM on here or Discord (Limey on Discord), I’m fairly active on both and would love to help you get your class up and running!

2 Likes

I’m here most afternoons and evenings. I’m sitting in the Pillar Classroom/Computer Lab. I can show you how to work the Calendar.

1 Like

My wife and I are joining soon, waiting for payday, and would both be interested in this class.

2 Likes

I’m interested

1 Like

Im really encouraged by the interest level here! I hope to have a class posted and organized next month; stay tuned!

6 Likes