FYI Auction of Watches, Jewelry and parts

Auction in Carrolton of Chapel Zenray 2452 Lacy Lane, Suite 116 Carollton, TX 75006

Tuesday, March 7th, Beginning at 10:00 AM

Most lots are probably too much for a hobbiest, but there are often lots that go for next to nothing on these auctions. There are also often some quite the opposite - lots for go for insane prices like more than retail.

Huh. I’ll have to give it a thorough look. The first pages were what I think of as “junk” – non-precious stuff. Fine if you’ve got a sales outlet. But then I got down to some real stones (okay – just rose quartz) with no current bid. OTOH, I need more rocks like I need a hole in my head. I’ll probably sign up. There may be minimum bids on some things.

I was once bidding on a sapphire necklace on E-bay. I kept bumping my bid up, but I never got high enough to hit the minimum bid. My maximum was less than their minimum. :slight_smile:

Auctions are always a challenge. I think the big secret is not to care. Pick a value, bid that, and check back when the auction is done. I do a lot of throwaway bids. Nominal or absolute minimum. Many times the results are not work the time to pick them up. Some are real deals. Bid like you expect to be disappointed unless you inspect, and then document what you see carefully. Lots often change mysteriously between inspection and collection.