Fusion 360 Class

Hello, I am thinking about signing up for @fedakkee class however my MacBook iOS version (can’t update) does not support the free trial from Autodesk. Can I use the jumpserver version? I am asking since the class description specifically says “Fusion 360 installed”. Thanks much!! David

Just a suggestion, There are laptops at DMS you can use, then log into the jump drive. The instructor should be able to help you log in. Have a great day!

Technologically speaking, that works fine. Make sure you have the right version of microsoft remote desktop application (make sure it works before class time). Such thigs as wireless and/or server saturation can affect your experience.
And I can think of at least 3 reasons I might prefer you have it installed locally if I were the instructor, so Kee might have reasons for not allowing it…

Hi everyone, I’d like to take the class too (I really really want to take it!) but do not own a personal laptop (I’m a new member as well). Would it still be possible to borrow a laptop at DMS and access Fusion 360 for the class? I’m not sure how to contact the instructor about this…thanks

The short version: yes.
The longer version: IF one of the DMS laptops is available, you may borrow it for the class. Bring your own mouse (you’ll want it for Fusion 360, vs. a touchpad). I’ll re-iterate that you may access the Fusion 360 on the JUMPserver, with the caveats that wireless and/or server saturation might adversely affect that experience. Also, the JUMPserver Fusion 360 is very likely not “latest greatest”. And I’ll re-iterate that the instructor may require Fusion 360 installed on your particular device for a variety of reasons. No, it cannot be installed on the community-use laptops (we aren’t admins).

Easiest way to contact the instructor is probably to Private Message Kee here on TALK. Next best is to mention his handle on a thread. Which has already been done, so he’s likely getting notified whenever this thread is updated. Just in case, I’ll re-mention @fedakkee so we’re sure he’s notified on this particular update.

Hoping that’s helpful…

1 Like