Fusion 360 and Jewelry Design Class

I’ve been wanting to challenge myself in designing Jewelry in Fusion 360 and be able to teach those basic skills to those who are interested.
Designing your Jewelry in Fusion does not have to be that difficult and once you get the hang of it, you can easily take your designs and print them on the resin printer. This in turn will allow you to create a loss “resin” mold and then cast it in your favorite metal.
This Tuesday is the first one I’m teaching and I wanted to give you a sample of the kind of things you can do in Fusion 360.
Again, I am not a Jewelry designer. These are just some things I quickly threw down in Fusion.
I think by collaborating among ourselves, we can push this much further and create some beautiful pieces.
Here is a render. But if you want to view the models and rotate them around, you can go here> http://a360.co/2DWxkl1

8 Likes

@fedakkee Were you able to work out the parametric and constraint settings for the comfort fit bands?

1 Like

Yes. It works well now.

1 Like

That’s awesome sauce…more chocolate cake for Kee!

I have class on Tuesdays so I’ll have to catch a future class. My wife and I found the wedding band I’d like to have when we visited Cambridge…it was a little out of our price range. We also purchased a bunch of diamond and ruby CZ stones a couple years back…it would be awesome to replicate until I could afford buy the real thing!

And my 3D printer arrives in march…I’ll have to learn the mold and casting process as well! Maybe start with making it out of aluminum…