Fuel pressure test kit

I am wondering if the makerspace has a fuel pressure tester and adapters in automotive? I am planning on replacing a fuel pump on a 2013 Chevy Cruze and I need to de-pressurize the fuel system before I drop the gas tank. If there is one there it will save me the trouble of having to borrow one from Autozone.

No, there isn’t a fuel system test kit.

If you know where the service port on fuel rail is, you should be able to release the pressure there.

I find it sad that you must remove the fuel tank on the vehicle to replace the pump-what a piss poor design.

Even sadder (or do I mean dumber?) is my manufacturer’s (Toyota) approach for certain models, which was to design in a hatch under 2nd row seat but only make it big enough so you can see the fuel pump and wave “Hi” and say "How are you doin’ " to it, but not actually to remove it.

A small screwdriver would work for releasing the pressure then?

Also you can think GM Engineers for not including an access door under the back seat to access the fuel pump.

Yes, of the Schrader valve tool in the tire service drawer.

Eye protection might be a good idea.

Only the European car makers are smart enough to stall a removable access panel panel to gain access to the top of the fuel tank to replace the pump and or sending unit or both.