Free mini-fridge (read details below)

I bought a Frigidaire mini-fridge. I only used it for a 2 or 3 months when, while defrosting it, I punctured some aluminum plate beneath the freezing compartment and all the freon leaked out.

I’m told that it cannot be repaired and refilled with freon. But before I just throw it away, I wondered if one of the enterprising people at the Makerspace might want it, either to attempt a repair or to cannibalize its other parts for something. As I said, it’s newish and everything works except there is no freon to circulate.

I’ll leave this here for about a week before I throw the refrigerator out, so speak up if you want this thing, please.

LATER UPDATE: I found the model number, if anyone cares. Frigidaire FFPE3322UM.

1 Like

What are the dimensions / capacity?

1 Like

See discussion about uses for a broken fridge here:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/freebie-self-no-no/92223

1 Like

To add to that, if the coolant has already leaked then the entire system can be ripped out pretty cleanly as it’s extremely heavy. This might technically be illegal though I’m not sure, since there’s no way to prove you leaked the coolant accidentally

1 Like

Odd: I would have thought that the working system (without freon) would be the useful part, but the comments on that other post tell me that the real value is in the insulated box.

Anyway, I’ll have it until the 1st, if anyone wants it.

outside dimensions: 32 inches high, 18.5 wide, 17.5 deep.

3.3 cubic feet capacity