Free Galaga Full Size Game

saw it on craigslist.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/zip/d/addison-galaga-arcade-cab/7203133980.html
maybe, if you get it and feel the need to thank me , you could cash app me a tip!

Did anyone get in touch with them about this?

I did, and things looked like I was going to actually get it, then after a few days they said the game was now in Florida, but I could still have it.

They gave me their shipping company details and things started getting a bit suspect at this point with the shipping company wanting payment up frontā€¦ by Zelle or bitcoin !!!

Anyhow, did anyone else contact the donator and if so what responses did you get?

It would be great if someone could contact the ā€˜sellerā€™ to see if it is supposedly still available and report back here :slight_smile:

Regards,
Steve

Total scam. Went through the same progression with the same results. With a bit of google-fu you can source the pictures to an Etsy addā€¦

A few months ago Bert Rabbe and I both responded to a CL ad for a CNC router in Duncanville. It was scammy but we never figured out what was going on.

The ā€œseller,ā€ upon an inquiry, just asked what business we were in and what we planned to do with the router. He never would commit to meeting or showing the machine but he never asked for money or anything like that.

I contacted him using two more fake email addresses and got the exact same thing. Lots of questions, no offer to sell.

It almost seemed like he had a machine but didnā€™t know how to make money with it and was looking for ideas.

I even tried to bait him by saying I had two machines running full time and couldnā€™t keep up with orders (a lie) but he didnā€™t try to dig. Who knows?

So I guess you didnā€™t pay the shipping fee :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks for the verification.

This guy still thinks I am on his hook and I have managed to find some of his other online pseudo names by analyzing his email headers. I also have a phone number he is using (I have called him, he has called me).

I can also get his Zelle details I am sure.

I emailed him to ask if the pictures were of the actual machine and he replied ā€œyesā€ so obviously a scammer (not that we had any doubts!!)

Any suggestions on how to either give this low life, snake eyed weasel some grief, or otherwise piss him off or significantly waste his time?

2 Likes

Man, this thread sent me down a nostalgia rabbit hole @ Donā€™t Even Reply

1 Like

Well THANKS A BUNCH !!! I just wasted an hour too !!! :slight_smile:

LMAO. I needed a good laugh. I only had time to read about the fish tank.

Report him to the FTC. Maybe let his cell phone carrier know that heā€™s using their services to commit fraud? Maybe if you can find out where he lives you could phone in a police report? Did you complain/report this guy to Craigslist directly? Maybe put up a duplicate listing with the notation THIS APPEARS TO BE A SCAM in it?

I donā€™t think there is much point reporting to the FTC/police etcā€¦ since technically so far I donā€™t think a crime has in fact been committed (legally anyhow). I donā€™t think his carrier will care one way or the other either. Even if I get his Zelle account I doubt they will care one way or another either. This is why so many scammers operate. There is simply no punishment.

I do like the idea from the web page above of trying to send him faxes constantly but even that would be just blocked.

I havenā€™t lost anything here since I am somewhat cautious, but it is frustrating since I really want to bi*ch slap this guy as hard as I possibly can. Not normally a violent person but this type of scammer are the scum of the earth. My aunt got taken in by a scammer a few years ago and it just really pi**es me off nobody (with any authority) seems to care.

I am not going to loose any sleep over this but it is interesting to investigate email tracks, phone numbers etcā€¦ This is the closest I have ever come to actually getting my hands on a scammer, but still not quite there (un) fotunately !!

1 Like

Attempted murder gets the same penalty as murder. You donā€™t get extra points for missing or hitting your target.

An attempted crime requires an overt act; posting the listing counts as that.

True, but I have ZERO proof he is trying to be fraudulent. I know it, you know it, he knows it, everyone knows it, but nothing to prove it.

I think the only way I could get proof is to give him $100 then not get the machine.

I REALLY wish it wasnā€™t the case but ā€¦ wellā€¦

Suggest that your uncle, the police chief (in whatever town the scammer says he/sheā€™s in) pick it up for you and see how fast they stop responding.

1 Like

Iā€™ve responded to ads for cheap Airstream trailers on Craigslist that looked too good to be true. In each case the seller wanted my email address and phone number to send me more pictures. I wonder if thereā€™s actually a [email protected]

1 Like