Free book (PDF) : "Radiation and Health"

Compiled by the biophysics group at the University of Oslo, Norway, and based on materials used in teaching their courses (although, naturally, those are in Norwegian, and this volume is in English) :
19 MB, 320 pp

1 Like

why is this something dms members should read ?

We have members interested in atomic energy and related topics. This book addresses an aspect of that interest. That is why this post is in the “Interest Groups : Atomic Energy” category.

1 Like

Chris actually taught a few classes on atomic energy a few months ago, and led a field trip to a nuclear reactor and is working on getting us set up with geiger counters.

1 Like

I’m planning on repeating the Introduction to Atomic Energy class, hopefully with some good lessons learned, but after I finish with the Geiger Counter project.

But seriously, I like to think of DMS as kind of a college environment. A lot of tools, projects, and ideas flying around left and right because smart folks are working on all kinds of things. We’re all learning from each other and broadening our horizons. You never know when something you picked up here will come in handy!

2 Likes