Free Acrylic with help getting it to DMS

The company i work for bought some FULL sheets of 1/8 inch Acrylic for a project but cant use it. some of it has cracks and most of it has holes drilled along the edges. They now no longer need the material and said i could have it if i hauled it off. Im willing to share it with anyone willing ot help me get it to the maker space. @

Company is on the corner of Rufe Snow and 820 in North Richland Hills TX

a few of each panel type bellow:
LEXAN 48 in. x 96 in. x 1/8 in. Clear Lexan UV Stable Polycarbonate Sheet
OPTIX 48 in. x 96 in. x 1/8 in. Clear Acrylic Sheet

thought this might be of special interest to @talkers and @Photomancer

Feel Free to text me at 817-360-5597 if this is something your interest in and its time sensitive for you.

5 Likes

@Team_Machine_Shop

This would be great for making enclosure/shields for the Surface Grinder, Alum Saw and other tools… Metal Shop could probably also use. Random holes wouldn’t make a difference.

2 Likes

That’s a great offer @GriffC ! I cannot help transport, but the donations would be very welcome.

I do caution that the Polycarbonate/Lexan be labelled as NON-laserable. It can still be used with other tools and is great stuff.

Note: you might want to obscure your phone # from web crawlers scraping that info.

The Lexan would be preferred by Machine Shop. More restive to cracks.

1 Like

I can help move it Monday evening, 7/30, if that works. I’d like one sheet on the OPTIX. PM the details, if that works for you.

2 Likes

Laser begs of you all…do not store the polycarbonate under the Laser table or Woodshop scrap, even if marked “non-Laserable” as it will eventually be made into smaller pieces that will likely go unmarked.

Preferably, take the Lexan/polycarb home or place in your personal storage on site.

That said…what a wonderful gift. Please thank your employer, @GriffC. I know from first hand experience that it will go quickly.

3 Likes

My hatchback is surprisingly roomy but not that roomy, sorry. Hopefully others can, last I checked laser was pretty lean on scrap acrylic

Whoever brings it, please store behind the Haas where we store other committee raw material.

Thanks

1 Like

Wanted to clear this up. I am planning on splitting the materials with whoever can help and using the Acrylic for my own projects, and sharing with whoever helps me get it to the Maker Space, though i think donating the Lexan should be fine, as it seems to be so useful for the machine shop.

That being said I will make sure the Lexan is stored far away from and labeled properly so it wont be laser cut.

2 Likes

Thank you. If your company would like a donation receipt, we’d be happy to provide one.

Update got an offer from a member to help me bring it up on Sunday. I’ll let you know where I put any leftovers and the lexan.

Thanks guys

6 Likes

Let me know if there is any 12" by 48" left. I need 5 pieces. thanks Jeff