Four strange things you would like to learn in the remaining days of 2017

1. Finally test on the CNC router.
  2. Delve further into metalworking and machining. Problem is I never really have anything I want to make out of metal that wouldn’t be easier, cheaper, and prettier to do out of wood. Don’t have much call for real precision parts for a car or anything.
  3. Delve further into automotives. I’d really like to put my car on the jack just to look really good at the under side to see what’s what and what all lives down there but don’t want to pay $50 to do it.
  4. Uhmmm…hmm. I guess I’d like to learn leatherworking as well but always miss the classes.
  1. bobbin lace with wire
  2. series of diz (fiber tool) mixing wood, metal, and leather
  3. make a full-size charkha
  4. play with fire more (welding, blacksmithing, metalsmithing, pyrography)

If you want to come by the eLab tomorrow (Tuesday) after 6:30pm I’ll be in there working on my pool fill controller. Probably writing ESP8266 software on my laptop. I can whiteboard some power systems basics for you. (yes, i’ll put away the white board when i’m done :pensive:). I don’t have a ton of experience with solar cells, but I know quite a bit about DC power system design, batteries, inverters, rectifiers, etc. I should have most of the knowledge you need for an offline power system.

5 Likes

Part of mine is learning things that will help me make
at even though I have little central vision

1. learn multiple programs for using the CNC machines
    Shekepro, laser, plasma cutter, CNC wiid riybter

2. Try new jewelry techniques using fabric, fiber and leather

3)learn how to throw pottery

1. Use the CNC router to make a food and water dish holder for
    my dog, I am tired of kicking his bowl over into my shoe

5)See if I can learn to paint without being so precise

2 Likes

Keep them coming people - this should line up wants and possible people that can fulfill the wants. Dreams are wondrous. Plans to grasp the dreams are even better.

1. Learn more 3D CAD so I can do suitable CAM (is that 2 things?)
  2. Ho voglio di imparare a parlare italiano
  3. Learn pick-up weaving techniques on my inkle loom
4 Likes

and for you Detroit Iron fans:

3 Likes

i left my badge and laptop at the house. i’ll be back to DMS after 7:30pm

I can help with this one.

Also glamping is the best way to go camping.

1 Like

Fire breathing and glamping enthusiast!?!?!?! My soul mate arises from the ashes!
When can you meet and what do I need to get? Tuesdays and Wednesday are best for me.

Lol. Sounds like he is your Phoenix.

This poor soul is never going to speak to me…

No pressure @phil_ayache you’re not my soul mate nor my phoenix however I’m sure you’re good times.

1 Like

I was moving all last week. Im back and would be more than happy to teach you how to breathe fire

3 Likes