Fossil/crystal digging- interested?

I want to go!!! I have no preference in dates.

1 Like

I’m interested and available either date!!!

1 Like

I am interested. Either date is fine.

1 Like

Count my wife and I in too! We are both members and love going fossil hunting. We could drive and take a couple with us as well.

1 Like

I would probably go for the 14th. I also know someone who has a living room museum of fossils who would probably like to get involved.

1 Like

Thanks for voicing interest everyone!

@Gloria @Gloria_Eisenstadt has confirmed for April 28th, and we had more interest in that date earlier on, so that is the one we are going with :slight_smile:

I’ll update this time next week on what the details and schedule is for the trip and begin getting confirmation from everyone attending.

Yay rocks! :rock: :gem:

11 Likes

Im a new member and would love to join if there is still availability! :heart:

1 Like

Details are still pending. You may need to drive, although some carpooling may be available.

3 Likes

I can drive!

1 Like

We’d be interested as well. Driving isn’t a problem. Might even be able to expand the carpool too but that’d depend on how much gear we need to bring.

1 Like

My girlfriend and I are interested :slight_smile: available both dates.

1 Like

Oh and April 14th for the date is our vote; forgot to mention that.

This sounds fun! I’ll save the thread

I’m definitely interested in going on the 28th!

That sound so fun but I am unavailable on Sundays, is this a park or other organization offering fossil hunting or is it just a public place? I have never done this sort of thing but would like to try in my own time.

If you look at the 3rd post in this thread, it’s a Facebook link to the park. I haven’t clicked it, but it should give you the relevant info (if you’re on FB).

You have to join the FB group to see the page. I’m on wait for that.
To be more exact is this Ladonia flossed park? Or, someplace else down the river?

I’ve been to Ladonia fossil park before. Found some bone-ish looking rocks. One friend found a large tooth. They say the best time to go is after a hard rain. It was a nice day out with a picnic and friends.
There are YouTube videos on Ladonia fossil park.
Mineral Wells fossil park is also a nice get out and look around trip.

Since Anita brought up Ladonia Fossil Park, I googled it. If it’s not the place the group is going, then it’s a cool place anyway. They do mention that it’s one of the few places that lets you keep stuff, unless it’s a unique and significant find.

I have now seen their website thank you!

1 Like

When I went to Ladonia, it’s like a parking lot off the road. You walk down to the river. There was no one there to check anything.