Former Member - Laser Materials Donation

I am a former member and I have a number of laserable materials. Some is just some thin plywood but some others are transparent and mirrored acrylic.

Is the laser comittee interested at all? What is the best way to figure this out? Also please consider I no longer have badge access to the facility.

4 Likes

Tagging @Team_Laser

1 Like

We’ve certainly taken material donations in the past, typically they’re left on the laser project table with a sign and given out if anyone needs some. The committee itself doesn’t use too much material.

That being said, if you still would like to donate anything PM me and we can meet at the space some evening this week. I’d love to have a small pile of material for test cuts and I’m sure our teachers wouldn’t mind having something more stashed away for their classes. Anything else we can give out to the members as they need it.

4 Likes

Roger. I will reach out to you soon.

4 Likes

I’m trying to make an LED sign and some acrylic light painting tools for light photography. Definitely interested in what you have.

1 Like

If there is a piece of mirrored acrylic 10" x 10", and if the committee doesn’t take it - I’d love to have it.

It’s maybe 5 ft by 2 ft. Had a big project that just never came to fruition. Just promise me you’ll make something cool.

Oh wow. I can’t use anything nearly that size. I’ll just leave it for someone who can make a better use of it.

(I’d love to see a huge LED-lighted mirror acrylic DMS logo in the front lobby …)

me please :wave: