Forging Festival November 13/14th!

The North Texas Blacksmithing Association Hammer-In is combining forces with Tx-Ture Farms for a Forging Festival November 13/14th!

Below are links to both the Tx-Ture Farms event website (which includes a place for vendor applications) and event information. It will be updated weekly right up to the event!

Do you have an “old world trade” and want a place to sell and show off? (Leather working, wood working, tinsmithing, cowboy crafts, etc) then come join the fun! We need you folks!
If you have questions about the above, ask Russell Foster!

The Wednesday, Thursday, Friday leading up to the event are three separate classes with two sets of skills and projects (per day) you can choose from if you want to learn Blacksmithing! Brian Brazeal and Mark Ling are teaching these classes! Come join in and learn something that’s darn useful!!! All the info is in the NTXBA.org link below!

Can’t make the classes but want to see them demo their skills? Come to the NTBA Hammer-In Conference Saturday! (You do need to be a member to see them demo. If you are a former member or want to be a new member, membership is only $25 a year!) If you pray for the conference online you automatically become a member of the NTBA! I recommend this!!! You can pay on site if you can’t pay before….

Saturday at 2pm is a LIVE AUCTION!!!
Empty your savings account, scrape up all your coins from the car and seat cushions and bring them with you!!! There is also going to be a raffle for an “old time tool caddy” full of tools!!! This tool caddy will be raffled off on Saturday also!

There will also be Blacksmithing tool vendors, food vendors, and much much more!!! Bring your friends, family, neighbors!!!

Blacksmiths, BRING YOUR SIGNATURE NAILS!!!

Don’t forget to sign up for the conference at the NTXBA.org website! Check them both out for a FULL list of activities and directions!

Can’t make it Saturday??? No worries!!! Come Sunday too! All the vendors will still be there and the members of the North Texas Blacksmithing Association will be doing demo lessons (sorry, watching only) on many of the new and old skills they know! Have questions about making something, Ask A Blacksmith! That’s why they (and I) will be there!!!

Hope to see huge crowds and everyone having a great time!!!

Event:
https://tx-ture.farm/forging-texas-festival/

On FB: https://facebook.com/events/s/forging-texas-festival/221737433189727/

Classes and conference:
http://ntxba.org/2021hammer-in.php

3 Likes

My wife and I went to the festival this weekend. I bought my tickets online and only realized after arrving there that I could have paid $7 a piece instead of $12 since I am both a veteran and over 62 and they offered discount tickets. Regardles, it went for a good cause and we had a great time.

The TxTure Farms venue is a wonderful place. The set up for the festival was awesome. They had live music, lots of things to see and do and great food and drinks, too.

They had a blacksmithing contest to demonstrate the skills needed to put a flattened piece of metal through a slot in a box or alternatively to create a toothpick like rod that could go through a hole in the box.

It was a beautiful day to get out and enjoy some relaxing entertainment.

Thanks for posting this info. Here are a few pictures of the event.
IMG_7273
IMG_7279
IMG_7281
IMG_7302

For those interested this gentleman, Kelly Kring [email protected], teaches blacksmithing at Brookhaven College.

6 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it. I will try to go to the one in the spring.

@coloneldan Keep us in the loop with the next metal banging parties - been busy as a bee trying to get the house(s) up and running but I know @kpblitzen42 would love to go to one and I always love watching people make.

These pictures are so great! Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a super fun time.

It was super fun. The weather was perfect, the venue was awesome, the demonstrations amazing and I was able to find someone to teach me blacksmithing from Brookhaven college. My wife was enthralled with the live music and we had some good snack food there, too. All in all, a great outing.

3 Likes