For Sale: Asus G73 ROG gaming laptop

I have a fairly used but perfectly working ASUS g73sw-bst6 (circa 2011) for sale. I want $500 for it or best offer.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 2630QM (2.00GHz)

8GB Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

I have upgraded to a 1920x1080 LCD panel (does have a glossy spot where I polished away the matte coating, it’s hardly noticeable, replacement panels are $80 I can install one for you if it bothers you.)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

DVD Super Multi

Will include a 120GB SSD and a 250GB HHD.

It’s been a super solid laptop for me for a few years and it is a very powerful machine, I can play most of my steam games at high-ultra. I’m selling because I have too many PC’s already and I have been mainly using my desktop, tablet, ubuntu laptop.

I sold Ed Kim my last desktop so he can vouch for me on the quality of my computers and transactions.

Best pic I can find, I’ll bring it and let you look at it if interested.

I’m looking for a laptop that I can use to live stream sports events over Livestream.com or other service. I regularly get messages from the streaming software on my i5 laptop that the processor is maxing out, and that’s with just one camera input. I want to have 4 cameras input and stream all or switch from one to another. I imagine the bottleneck is processing the 1080p video down to a streamable size. Would this laptop handle that ok?

1 Like

I’m not sure that processor is a lot faster than the i5. It’s a true quadcore and can go up to 2.9Ghz, and has hyperthreading so it essentially has 8 threads.

I haven’t found anything that can max it out but that’s mostly gaming I’ve done on it.

If you wan to try it out, I can bring up the laptop sometime, just let me know when you want meet me at the makerspace.

Well, my current laptop is a Dell 15Z 5523, http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414945,00.asp, and I fell for the whole touch screen thing. Now I would rather have the better resolution than the touch feature. Rarely use it.

It doesn’t seem to be a powerhouse, and if it can barely process one camera to livestream, there’s no way I’ll be able to use a software switching program.

I did inquire to early though, my funds are tied up until at least the end of May, so if you can sell it go ahead. I would like to look at it if you have it later in May though

Cool, I am not in a hurry, let me know at the end of May I’ll bring it up so you can try it out.

what type of usb ports does it have? I need a laptop with USB 2 ports (very important that they are usb 2) for a mobile recording rig. My current laptop has usb 3 and my OLD laptop has usb 1 :frowning:

It does have 4 x USB 2.0 ports.

I does have 4 x USB 2.0 ports.

Laptop has been sold.