Fob Permissions Update

Howdy - I seem to have no permissions with my fob despite having been checked out on the bridgeport / pasma, clausing, and both saws.

I’ve tried to check permissions on whoami since the interlocks were installed but it’s been down with a bad gateway error since this began (afaik). Is there anyone who can assist me with righting this?

I am more than willing to pay for the inconvenience of updating these permissions / making another donation to DMS, fanning you with a palm frond and feeding you grapes - whatever it takes - I have a few things that need to get done today and will have to do them with hand tools if I can’t get this going.

I also have a background in software and electrical engineering and am more than willing to take on restoring uptime to whoami if that is of interest to whomever is a part of that effort. I can go over my qualifications, in private (if whomever is a part of that is interested), but I’m certain I can get this thing online and stable.

Lastly, I apologize if this isn’t the right place to be posting this. Please let me know if someone can assist with this today - again, if there is anything I can do to help, I am available on your schedule (save 9am-11am).

I can confirm membership in these groups

If that helps anyone with anything (my impression is this means you’re a member in the proper groups for those items mentioned).

@jphelps would be the CTO leading that charge & your best POC to volunteer for anything IT-related. I know the problems causing the outage are currently under investigation.

I think @ozindfw Rich is the person to help out with interlocks, but I know something hockey is happening this weekend and he’s heavily invested, just not sure it’s Saturday or Sunday.

Arguable, better fit for #issues-requests , or specifically to check group membership, a ticket for Infrastructure…So I’m choosing to leave it here since this is as good a fit as anywhere, given it’s likely cross-committee cooperation that’s needed.

The interlocks are dependent on the operation of the same switch as whoami. IT have been have stability issues with this. Whoami is back up, so I suspect the interlocks are functional again.

The probelm is that if the switch is down, I can’t get to the interlock to see anything.

1 Like

This has been resolved.

1 Like

I cant tell if its locking me out or not…the collets didnt fall into place on the bridgeport like normal but it did accept the collet. I am now trying to use the bridgeport and it seems like I’m locked out (blinks green once and returns to res). Didnt even know this fob thing was coming and now even though ive already taken the class I’m locked out. Came all the way out here for this and spent a good amount of time to get this project done…

Looks like I can use the Pasma for whatever reason so I just went ahead with that…

The Pasma & Bridgeport use the same AD group. So if it works on one, it should work on the other.

You hear the clunk of the contactor pulling in if you are authorized. It is in the box on the ladder rack above the machine.

As Tim says, if you can use the Pasma the Bridgeport should work.

Well, they should have used the same AD group. :blush: An error in the config file had the Bridgeport Interlock checking the Shark permissions. This is now fixed.

4 Likes

Sorry I missed the notification on this somehow–I did take a second to realize I could use the Pasma before just walking out so luckily I was able to get a great amount done. Totally understand on the error, thank you for following up!

1 Like

@ozindfw I was using the Bridgeport a few days ago and having to rethink some dimensions then ponder if I was really really ready to make the next cut. It kept timing out and I had to badge back in again.
What is the timeout? Could it be increased to 10-15 minutes?

Also the vacuum hose felt like it was made of steel, I squeezed it and couldn’t feel any restrictions and suction seemed fine. I’m guessing the grooves in the hose are filled with metal shavings. A smoothbore hose might prevent junk from building up in it.

It defaults to 5 minutes if the machine is not running. It the machine is running it will not turn off even if badged out until the machine turns off.

I’m not making any decisions on timeouts (or configs, permissions, etc.) beyond the defaults. If the relevant committee lets me know, I’ll extend the timeout or show them how to set it so they can experiment.

Note that the interlock only interrupts the 3ph 220V, so DRO data is not lost.

BTW badging a second time on an enabled interlock (whether you are an authorized user or not) disables the interlock until the next authorized user badges in.

I stopped by this evening to mill a few holes and was not able to badge in on the Bridgeport. Fortunately, Max was there and he swiped his badge and it worked. He said he could check my account and ensured I was in the correct groups. I tried again and was not able to badge in. Max swiped again and I was able to get my job done.
Since his badge worked, was not a network or IT issue. Can you please check my account and see why it was not working?

This IS likely an IT issue. There is a problem with the way some badges are entered in the AD database

Please post to issues and requests. I’d generate a ticket but I have limited net access at the moment.

Will do. Thank you.