Flying through Fireworks Display - Beautiful!

Perhaps digital media needs a drone :smiley:

fireworks

1 Like

Drones in fireworks are awesome. The only catch is no one posts the videos of them getting hit and falling out of the sky.

2 Likes

Yea, kinda embarrassing. We tried our best to take out a couple drones!

Still a Firework Show left in case you haven’t had enough. Nice show fired by a good pyro friend Blake Stoltz.

2 Likes

Someone obviously flying way beyond the safety limits and someday will hit a helicopter or plane causing serious trouble. The FAA should ban drones from flying more than twenty feet high without permission.

LOL
I’m sure the helicopter/plane will be most likely taken out by the single drone, not the fireworks they would be flying through. FAA, get right on this, we need to stop this now.

I want to see a drone fly-by some of our salutes!

1 Like

To the best of my knowledge, the FAA regulates airspace, which has generally been defined as 500 feet above local elevation and/or artificial obstacles (i.e. buildings, bridges, aerials, etc). Below that threshold you have a mishmash of air rights and local regulation.

Yes, there are lots of rules and regulations for drone operators (both professional and amateur/hobbyist). The biggest ones are not flying within 5 mi radius of a airport, max flight ceiling of 400 ft, and operator must maintain line of sight at all times.

1 Like

Got it.

2 Likes

Laugh all you want but a hobbyist drone could easily take a plane or helicopter or a commercial jet down. The point was, a drone should not fly that high unless under the control of a licensed professional with permission, not whether fireworks were going on.

@Contrarian … the spirit of the post was to show something stunning and beautiful … not dangerous and foreboding

2 Likes

That’s fine and yes, it was. But drones and their users tend to alarm me.