First Aid Class Discussion July 2023

Does anybody know if nothing was done due to lack of follow-through or was there some other reason, e.g., liability, cost, lack of interest?

I’ll investigate the feasibility of getting instructor certified and offering classes at DMS. I’m not sure to whom I should report my findings, but I’ll figure that out when I get there.

I would take a class on first aid training. I’m also interested in wilderness first aid

Wilderness first aid is beyond the scope of what I was thinking, but depending on interest, not outside the realm of future possibility.

This is in the early stages. There are a few moving parts to work out here, so don’t expect anything too soon. A month would be optimistic. Fall or Winter is more realistic.

3 Likes

If we want to do this then let’s follow-up with @henryroseman idea, although it might not be an option any longer. We would need have to have solid commitments in order to move forward. I would be in and I could get some members. Since we haven’t heard from Henry in a few months, he is probably off in the South of France relaxing on a private yacht.

The South of France really is lovely this time of year - if only I were there! I just finished up a very long string of clinicals, so I’ve been AWOL from DMS for a bit, but my next stretch should be more friendly and I’m hoping to re-involve myself. Still more than happy to lead a Stop the Bleed course with UTSW faculty - in fact, I’d be thrilled to do so.

The problem last time was a scheduling challenge. I think the plan was to start with the board as a trial run then open it to the rest of the group. If someone reminds me what day board meetings are, and if before/after a board meeting would be a good time, I can reach back out to Dr. Miller and schedule it.

3 Likes

Next mtg is July 12
https://source.dallasmakerspace.org/display/Board

I don’t know that it’s scheduled further out than “the next one”, but in 2023, typically was held in the latter half of the week (Wed, Thur, Fri)

1 Like