Fired Arts Rebuild Update

I wanted to shoot out a quick update for the rebuild as absolutely nothing has adhered to the anticipated schedule. Please excuse our mess as we stare balefully at delayed order webpages and damaged parts!

The replacement pieces have finally arrived for the large cabinet and it will be assembled and installed this Sunday which should allow us to move all of the glass supplies out of the old bucket shelf. The new ship date on the back rail for the wall cabinets is the ninth. The back wall tables are in progress and the wheel table is built. New wheels will be ordered when the storage is sorted and we can move the wedging table back.

I’d like to thank everyone that has helped with this, y’all rock.
@JasonM314, @AlexRhodes, @Shirley, @jeffhess.

7 Likes

Another bit of shuffling around has occurred!

The throwing tools are now in bins on the side of the big cabinet and the books are (temporarily) in one of the wall cabinets. All hand tools are in the bins on the table.

The edge of the works shelves is now somewhat exposed, please use caution when rounding that corner. When the shelves are moved, a cabinet will be placed there for protection.

Progress!

4 Likes

Thank you for all you and your team are doing.

Also looking forward to new wheels. when will they be in?

Anita

Once the conduit is down on the walls, we can put up the wall cabinets and install the wall work tables (painting and sealing those today, still need the tops). Then we can put tools up, remove the metal table, move the current wedging table back and have the floor space necessary for the wheels. My goal is to keep the space usable while we do the work. The conduit is currently the key step and something we can’t do ourselves, but it is being handled by the ever awesome Luke and Chuck. My cabinet hanging help is here this week but not next so it hinges on when the conduit comes down and if I can find alternate cabinet hanging help.

Which is a really long winded way of saying “soon”?

3 Likes