Fired arts interest check (fall)

Checking to see what subjects would be of most interest for future ceramics classes, pendants, eith or without instruction for leather/metal cord assembly, hand building, slipcasting, throwing?
Also, if anyone is interested in teaching the serger, I’m looking for a class on that subject.

2 Likes

The trick to the serger is that Kris Anderson is about the only one that teaches it, and she tends to do one-on-one. I probably should have her show me the threading again, and then I’ll be good to go.

2 Likes

Pendants would be awesome!!!

1 Like

I’d like to do one of the geometric handmade bowls.

I tend to prefer more project type classes. Something tangible to take home eventually. I am enjoying slipcasting and I’d like to see what other types of slip look and work like. Ive also seen some interesting layering/colors involved.

1 Like

In talking with people around the space, there is a lot of interest in project style jewelry classes.

6 Likes

I have a bunch of jewelry ceramic molds that include bracelet molds on my porch. I planned to get a container for them and take them to DMS after the dust settles and slip casting has its own space but if there is interest now I can bring them. If someone wants to keep them at their house temporarily that’s cool too. I’m eager to get them off my porch. They are small and all of them will fit in a small container.

I also have a large selection of pendant sized cutters but I don’t want to be responsible for a class - would be happy to bring them to an event or a class where someone else is the teacher.

ETA and I also need to destash clay so I can probably help provide clay for a class or event.

4 Likes

Astrud @Print_Witch also teaches serger classes.

1 Like

I’d like to pour them Julie, please let me barrow the jewelry molds.

I will be happy to hold them for you when I get back, until you choose to donated them.

2 Likes

If you have cutters I would love to teach a class

Can do it with using lace or even weeds to make a texture on them

3 Likes

I would love a class to learn how to make your awesome pendants, especially if it includes cord assembly. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there interest in making pendents like this oenModFossil1

I would also teach how to wrap it as a pencent

3 Likes

Definitely interested in all types of ceramics classes!