Filmmaking! Flash Films and Auditions on the MakerSpace Calendar

Hey all, just to let you know, there will be alot of filmmakers in the front part of the MakerSpace on Sunday.

If you have ever seen these events on the calendar and wanted to know what’s up. In detail! Keep reading.

We have been hosting two types of events at the MakerSpace. The most popular is the Flash Film contest. Everyone is invited to a flash film kickoff to read over 3-5 page scripts. They will then be put into teams and given 8 weeks to come back with a finished film. For about 20% of the participants in this event said this was their first film! So you can fit in too!

49 Filmmakers reading scripts on their phones last Sunday.

So this week several of those teams are working on putting their films together and makerspace members have set up rooms to audition actors to be in their films. If you are an acting type, I know that the comedy short film Popcorn Bandit is an open audition, so you can just show up and ask to audition. Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar

In addition, I have also set up one hand’s on filmmaking event. This week Sunday at 1:00 PM we will invite the community to get together, divide into teams, and each make their own 1 minute silent film in 3 hours! So we called the event, Show Don’t Tell. :smiley:
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19312

Here are some of the recent Flash Films that were made with teams who did not know one another until the flash film, then they took it from script to screen in eight weeks:

How to Exercise Yourself:

Ghost in a Blond Wig:

Here are some examples of films that were made at the MakerSpace in 3 hours, again with teams that formed that day. We will tell a story, get it done and quality be damned!

Natasha’s Dog

Slideshow of the Sith

I look forward to continue to learn and film at the MakerSpace!

3 Likes